Meeting day

Place gaming and strategy issues for the original "Z" and the Expansion Kit "Z95" here.

Moderator: Brad

decibel
Grunt
Grunt

Meeting day

Post by decibel » 2009-02-26, 18:01

It seems this community is very inactive :( I have only once seen somebody online on Hamachi networks, and even then that guy didn't even reply to me.

Im suggesting we pick one day(preferably saturday or sunday)as a day when we would meet up in Hamachi and play. We could do it each week, once a month or something. A permanent arrangement.

Anyways I will be online on Hamachi Network: "z-online 1on1" password: "redeemer" this Saturday from 1500GMT--->xxx if somebody wants to play.
buman
Major
Major

Re: Meeting day

Post by buman » 2009-02-28, 02:35

decibel wrote:It seems this community is very inactive
Well that's right. It's getting more and more inactive I think. You probably won't find many people to play against.

btw: "z-online 1on1" password: "redeemer", isn't that the server i once created? The pw sounds familiar.

Anyways, the times when there were enough players around to even organíze a tournament (that never came to an end btw) are over I fear.
But I'm always happy to see people like you still looking for some goodold z-matches, maybe I'll reinstall it.
This community could really use some new spirit.
The day XStrategy announces that the game his team is making has reached beta-status or something may be this forum's reignition.
decibel
Grunt
Grunt

Post by decibel » 2009-03-13, 19:50

Well I haven't yet found anyone who would be interested in playing Z online. Is Z community really this dead ? Are there any active Z forums on the internet ?
Zaibatsu
Tough
Tough
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Zaibatsu » 2009-06-06, 10:59

It isn't so much that it's dead - it's that most people old enough to remember and appreciate Z have jobs, and the forum gets about a few replies every couple of weeks. Although, I think I speak for everyone when I say it will never be dead in my mind, as now that I have discovered this place, I will always know it's here as a place I can come back to. Really, Z is just something you have to turn your friends onto rather than rely on the internet - you could, however, point your online friends to the download and get them to play!

Make a "quick-start guide" for newbs around you to follow the instructions and join up with you that way. If you're in college, use your compass bulletin boards and stuff, even. Use Facebook if you're on that. You should be able to get a few people who want to play between you and your friends to even incite a good four-player LAN match. Way easy to do.
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Post by Meeky » 2009-06-06, 12:40

Completely agree with you!
Actually, Z is little known, so the more people know of it the better!
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine