Z for DOS IPX connection trouble.

Place gaming and strategy issues for the original "Z" and the Expansion Kit "Z95" here.

Moderator: Brad

qwertie
Tough
Tough
Are you a spam bot?: No

Z for DOS IPX connection trouble.

Post by qwertie » 2009-04-07, 21:45

Hello everyone this is my first post. Thanks for allowing me to join the forums. I have Z for DOS and dos box works well, and the info I have collected on this site for making this great game run again has made me really happy.

Now the main reason for this post is I need some help to configure this game to play over and IPX network. I have tried even using Hamachi I am not sure if I didn't set it up right or maybe there are other DOS box commands needed to play. I eagerly away your reply.

-qwertie
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Re: Z for DOS IPX connection trouble.

Post by Meeky » 2009-04-08, 13:32

May I ask why are you still using DOS version, whereas on the forum you can get Z98 version with additional 15 single play levels and support for TCP/IP?
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine
qwertie
Tough
Tough

Post by qwertie » 2009-04-08, 13:48

I am using DOS box version 0.72 and I am running windows XP. And I am still using DOS box because I am still yet to find anyone who is selling any other version of the game. I will see if the 98 version runs on XP and if it does then I guess it solves my problem :)

-qewrtie

I got the game to install but the 98 patch isn't working for me. :/
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Post by Meeky » 2009-04-09, 12:51

qwertie wrote: I got the game to install but the 98 patch isn't working for me. :/
Tell me what you were doing?
You need to mount image with game CD and then run setup_zexp which is available in download section of the site: Z Patch - Win98 Patch

qwertie wrote: I will see if the 98 version runs on XP and if it does then I guess it solves my problem :)
It works not only on XP, but also on Vista.
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine
qwertie
Tough
Tough

Post by qwertie » 2009-04-09, 21:30

I believe it's just the one computer. I have installed it on the other two and it works just fine in DOS and in windows. So two out of three install the game and play it just fine. Thanks to everyone for your help. Maybe I could get a few friends together and play with other Z fans over Hamachi or something.