Rallypoint and action sequences

Place gaming and strategy issues for the original "Z" and the Expansion Kit "Z95" here.

Moderator: Brad

scrwd
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Rallypoint and action sequences

Post by scrwd » 2009-09-20, 20:37

Hi, fellow Z-players!
I have lost my manual, and haven't played this game for ages. I have played a few times now, and I can't really recall whether there are rally points for the factories? I'm also wondering how to set up "action-sequences" for my troops, if that's possible? For example, get my grunts to go pick up grenades, then go take a flag, then move to a designated spot on the map.

Thanks for any information!

Regards
scrwd :idiot:
Arriga
Sniper
Sniper

Re: Rallypoint and action sequences

Post by Arriga » 2009-09-21, 20:17

Hi scrwd!

I've never heard of such functions, and imo in Z every unit deserves singular attention, I'd never let units go alone, expecially in the beginning of a game; it's much different from command n conquer, where you have to produce and manage lots of units in a short amount of time.

The only thing you may do is to send a unit near grenades or veichles or flags and then change its destination, but is not really what you meant (works only with robots, and is almost useless for your purpose)!

Maybe somebody else knows how you can set rally points! :cheers:
scrwd
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Rallypoint and action sequences

Post by scrwd » 2009-09-22, 14:04

Thanks for the reply!

I have played it some more now, and realised that I probably have these functions mixed up with another game. I have tried almost about everything now, but does not seem like these functions are available in Z. Though I would really love a rally point function to gather the troops automatically. :)

Cheers! :cheers: