z opinion and multiplayer from a newbie

Place gaming and strategy issues for the original "Z" and the Expansion Kit "Z95" here.

Moderator: Brad

landing
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

z opinion and multiplayer from a newbie

Post by landing » 2010-07-17, 14:48

hi to all from greece.
z=best game ever. The only game who keeps me 100% focus. 10 minutes of heavy battle is like 3 hours of doing anything else on a pc game. All the other rts eventually makes me lose my interest. The game is just too sophisticated. I dont say that for example c&c 3 don't need to make just the right moves especially in high levels, but z puts you there, you want to be precise and fast from the beggining. I love to play hard-fast mode when you dont have the time to realise your upcoming win because 10 seconds before you were losing, you see the units and dont believe it. Z ss was good enough to finish it but not as good as z. Too bad because the 3d engine and the graphics was very good, but for my opinion the structures should be prefixed without being able to built, the units were hard to determine by looking and above all its very hard to take z put some 3d, building, ships , airplanes, fog of war, set rally point etc and make a better z...
Any z multiplayer action inside? Very eager to play with humans haven't had the chance since 1998.
.andy.
Tough
Tough
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: z opinion and multiplayer from a newbie

Post by .andy. » 2010-07-17, 19:19

Hi,
i know what you mean. Z is really awesome. You should also take a look there:click its a very well remake.

I never played z online. But i play z in the local network at home via dosbox.
Do you also play z via dosbox? If yes, it should be easy to play an online game.
One of the players must start an server and must tell the another player their ip.
Thats the same procedure such as a local game inside a LAN.

.andy.