Which versions of the game exist?

Place gaming and strategy issues for the original "Z" and the Expansion Kit "Z95" here.

Moderator: Brad

eobet
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Which versions of the game exist?

Post by eobet » 2010-11-06, 18:46

I'm slightly confused by the forum sections on this site... which lead me to make this topic.

So, versions I know exist:

Z for DOS
Z95 for Windows 95

But does this version also exist?

Z with expanded levels for DOS
Shador
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Which versions of the game exist?

Post by Shador » 2011-09-10, 15:55

This is very interesting topic. As far as I know, there are:
Z
Z 95 with Expansion Kit
Z X-tra
Z Demo (available on Bitmap Brothers site, not sure if this is the same demo as in Z X-tra)
Z Director's Cut (some kind of demo as well I think, don't know if it's equal to Z Demo from Bitmap Brothers site or to Z X-tra)
Z Platinum Edition (don't know what is there, just heard of it)
Z Collector's Edition (probably Z + Z 95 with Expansion Kit?)

Could you please share your knowledge on about the topic? Also, does anyone know if every release mentioned is available in all 5 languages Z was released for - English, French, German, Italian and Spanish?

Thanks in advance for participating.
Shador
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Shador » 2011-10-16, 23:54

Ok, now with Z X-tra in my hands I can say this is single level demo of Z indeed with some stuff like background wallpapers for Windows 95 and ability to play multiplayer (but only if you have full version of Z). I have compared it with downloadable demo on Bitmap Brothers website and they are different, at least certain files are different and others are unique in each of the demos.

Waiting for German versions of Z, Z 95 with Expansion Pack and Z Platinum to arrive.
Shador
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Shador » 2011-12-07, 13:46

So, German version of Z Platinum consists of Z Deutsch, Z and Z Expansion Kit Deutsch and Z Director's Cut Limitierte Auflage.