Mike and John's XP version

Post your comments, ideas and suggestions about a new Z sequel here.

Moderator: Brad

CHYROS
General
General

Mike and John's XP version

Postby CHYROS » 2006-07-22, 19:29

I only just read the news on the frontpage (go there if you haven't seen it yet), but I think it's great that we'll be able to play Z on XP. As it is for me now, I can play only the original Z (my copy of Z95 won't run at all) in DOSBox, at the low resolution, with occasional massive lag, bad sound (it stutters) and inferior graphics. How I'd enjoy playing those expansion levels again, let alone play them in full res! :D

Hoorah to the Bitmap Brothuz! (well Mike and John, anyway ;) )
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
Parlamenter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Parlamenter » 2006-08-05, 22:30

No news?
Can they open some blog for this?
:idea:
Zod
Admin General
Admin General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Postby Zod » 2006-08-07, 11:43

Hi all,

the ZZone will post news and information about the new releases a soon as they come in. When we get closer to the publishing and news will come in frequently I will open a blog right here then.

Best regards,
George
BERSERK3R
Captain
Captain

Postby BERSERK3R » 2006-08-09, 22:14

EDIT: Whoops, this is about the sequal en not about the XP version....

Are they planning of letting us "help" with the game, so for example by having a poll, or ask which gameplay we'd like, which units we like to have or not to have etc.

Cause Steel soldiers wasn't a good sequal in my opinion and they thought it would be.
Also I wasn't so thrilled about the art of the game.
It looked funny but I really like the art in the original game wich was 3d.
And also the units didn't even look the same, wich was the biggest dissapointment.

The real Z fans know the robots as red and blue robots as wee see them in the intro's.
And although Z original is the best ever, if the new game is going to be in 3d then I'd really like to see the "old" units just like we saw in the intro's instead of new units.

And it would be a shame if they make a sequal witch will be a same dissapointment like Steels Soldiers, so therefore I'd like to know what they have planned, and tell them to change some things.

And if there's a place to ask how to make the game this is THE place to be.

I just hope they don't make the game for the average strategy player but mostly for the Z fans, or else you'll probably end up with a game wich lacks humor and other stuff that made Z great.

The original Z wasn't just a strategy game, it had a sertain formula which made it a great game, and it's even as much fun to play as it was 10 years ago, so the formula is very important.

So, Zod if you have any ideas on this let me/us know on how to make sure this game will be a good sequal!

And btw don't you agree they make the game for us? :cheers:
CHYROS
General
General

Postby CHYROS » 2006-08-20, 01:26

Wow, big update to the site since my trip to the UK! My topic even got a new subforum!
And btw don't you agree they make the game for us?
That'd make me feel honoured!
BERSERK3R
Captain
Captain

Postby BERSERK3R » 2006-08-20, 01:44

CHYROS wrote:Wow, big update to the site since my trip to the UK! My topic even got a new subforum!
And btw don't you agree they make the game for us?
That'd make me feel honoured!
Well I think it's cause of this community that they even make a sequal and know how to make it, right?
CHYROS
General
General

Postby CHYROS » 2006-08-20, 02:14

BERSERK3R wrote:
CHYROS wrote:Wow, big update to the site
Well I think it's cause of this community that they even make a sequal and know how to make it, right?
Well, that'd make them very community-engaged producers. Eidos and Atari could learn a lesson from this.
commander
Sniper
Sniper

Postby commander » 2006-08-24, 18:15

CHYROS wrote:
BERSERK3R wrote:
CHYROS wrote:Wow, big update to the site
Well, that'd make them very community-engaged producers. Eidos and Atari could learn a lesson from this.
I really cant wait for a sequel, but I have 1 question about the XP version:
How do we get it?
Is it a patch for the win95 version, do we need to buy it in the shop, can we download it free on the internet? :idiot:
PEACE! Through Superior Firepower!
Zod
Admin General
Admin General

Postby Zod » 2006-08-24, 20:00

Hi all,

the current plan is that the XP version will be a new release. I will not only contain XP compatibility but also other enhancements and changes like graphic engine and network play over the internet and such. This release will not be free since some cinsiderable development work has to be thrown in. You will surely be able to get it through internet shops when it's out.

It is also planned to have a sequel follow the XP release.

Best regards,
Zod
BERSERK3R
Captain
Captain

Postby BERSERK3R » 2006-08-24, 21:20

Zod wrote:Hi all,

the current plan is that the XP version will be a new release. I will not only contain XP compatibility but also other enhancements and changes like graphic engine and network play over the internet and such. This release will not be free since some cinsiderable development work has to be thrown in. You will surely be able to get it through internet shops when it's out.

Best regards,
Zod
This is good news but..."and changes like graphic engine", what does that mean?
Just some resolution changes or did they mess with the oldschool Z style??? :shock: :shock: :empty:
I hope they still know that the "simple graphics" still rule!....well for Z that is ;)
CHYROS
General
General

Postby CHYROS » 2006-08-25, 03:05

BERSERK3R wrote:I hope they still know that the "simple graphics" still rule!....well for Z that is ;)
So true... Those tiny tanks are so cute even my mother adored them. a little extra depth of the graphics wouldn't hurt, though...
Zod
Admin General
Admin General

Postby Zod » 2006-08-25, 03:05

Hi,

the graphics will stay the same. I meant adjusting it to XP and also re-rendering cut scenes and other movies to make them better quality. The code will be optimized and re-compiled for better performance and as I said, the network code will be rewritten.

Best regards,
Zod
Tanel K
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Tanel K » 2006-08-25, 12:34

Hooray for the graphics!
commander
Sniper
Sniper

Postby commander » 2006-08-25, 12:46

Hooray for the Z XP!

I hope they also will sell the game in shops (in the Netherlands)!!!!! :cheers:

Any info so far when they will release it?
And for how mutch? 20 euro, or similar (is almost the same as $20 dollar).
commander
Sniper
Sniper

Postby commander » 2006-08-25, 12:57

Zod wrote:Hi all,

Best regards,
Zod
Damn great!
A new Z after Z xp, so they are already working on Z 3? (Z:ss was Z 2)