DEAD OR ALIVE ?

Post your comments, ideas and suggestions about a new Z sequel here.

Moderator: Brad

Advice 200
Pyro
Pyro

DEAD OR ALIVE ?

Post by Advice 200 » 2007-03-25, 22:00

Whats going on with this "game"? I think its time for some definite answers.

Dont mean to sound rude but I have RTS needs you know!!!
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-03-25, 23:59

Yes, there have been no updates since the announcement was made, and I'm actually starting to doubt if it was a real announcement.

off topic; my old avatar's back!
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
Loknar
Laser
Laser

Post by Loknar » 2007-03-26, 10:32

I'm afraid i have nothing to contribute to this thread, but i simply must know which game your avatar is from, Adivce 200. It rings a bell, but i can't place it!
Zod
Admin General
Admin General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Zod » 2007-03-27, 01:14

What can I say. Here is the text of my new Frontpage article:

I hate to break it to you guys but all my attempts to get any life sign from the Bro's failed throughout the last months. I have sent mail after mail, traced addresses and names but the source of the original announcements is silent. And how good did it sound. Read for yourself, this is a mail from Mike Montgomery I received last year in July:

"George Sorry not to get back to you but we have been busy & holidays. Here's an update. We have been stuck with the code as it looks like we lost a few source files. But we have now managed to get it all and compiling and john managed to play a few games under XP. We still have a lot of work to do we are hoping to re-render all the FMV's to make them better quality. The next bit is the network code."

Since then I did not hear anything else. I guess it is time to face the possibility that the Bro's couldn't get the project back together and that for some reason they weren't even able to spill the truth towards us.

I will of course continue to contact them and hope...

Best regards,
Zod
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-03-27, 01:36

re-doing the FMV's? That does sound like BB perfection.

I hope there will be an update, but I'd have to say the situation looks a bit grim.
buman
Major
Major

Post by buman » 2007-03-27, 01:52

(hey , I think I was the first on the site who read the news *proud* , but a bit late I just saw that you postet it in here so that i can comment on it)

I think there won?t be any other update.
However , it?s more probably that XStrategy will be a worthy successor.
Maybe I?m just sayin it because I do not really like BB anymore since they didn?t concentrate enough on their best game ever: Z
Well , and because they didn?t keep us up to date about their projects, and now they do not even response anymore , what the hell man?!

So , what none can dispute now , this aren?t the sunniest days Z experienced. But - to put it in a philosophical way - I do think I can see the blue sky at the end of the grey clouds.

So take a rocket fuel and keep waiting.
:cheers: cheers, skol, prost!
Advice 200
Pyro
Pyro

Post by Advice 200 » 2007-03-27, 14:10

Well Thanks for the news George, very sad news as it is.

I want to say thanks to the Bitmaps for all the great games and I also want to say SHAME ON YOU TO TREAT THE LONG TIME FANS WHO HAVE BOUGHT KEPT YOUR GAMES ALIVE OVER THE LAST 19 YEARS SO POORLY.

While I do understand the pressure of working life and getting time to do things, just a little piece of Info might be of help to everyone.

Z has a strong active community and for a game that was released 10 or so years ago this is exceptional. To waste an opportunity of rereleasing games that have an existing and hungery for more fan base is mind boggling.

So off to the shop in Xenon 2 with you Bitmaps and buy some advice since you are unable to take it from the fans.
:idiot:
Advice 200
Pyro
Pyro

Post by Advice 200 » 2007-03-27, 14:12

Loknar my avatar is from the King of scrolling Beatem ups Golden Axe :shake:
XStrategy
Major
Major

Post by XStrategy » 2007-03-27, 19:31

ecause I do not really like BB anymore since they didn?t concentrate enough on their best game ever: Z
Please, understand, that making really good games is extremelly expensive and hard and long work. 10 years passed - we have new engines, new 3D-technologies. Maybe Creator of BB Mike realized that it is too expansive for him to continue work of this company in "GameDev" and switched to other kind of business.
Last game of BB (WWII strategy) failed, thats why they closed work in 2003 :(
Z and only Z1
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-03-27, 22:38

XStrategy wrote:we have new engines, new 3D-technologies. Maybe Creator of BB Mike realized that it is too expansive for him to continue work
Advice does have a point however. It doesn't take a whole team of coders to simply make Z XP-compatible, I'd think, and there's no reason not to reply to all the mails George sent; that's just rude.

I'm sure they have a good reason for it all; maybe the BB's use a different email address or whatever, and I'm sure financial problems put a hurt on Z2 :empty: . But still...
RavenTS
Major
Major

Post by RavenTS » 2007-03-31, 11:30

Well...even if there wont be any new Z game, lets stick to our small Z world here and give them a good signal that Z will never be forgotten and there will always be a chance to revive this unique game!
Advice 200
Pyro
Pyro

Post by Advice 200 » 2007-04-01, 23:32

Since were not expecting anything further from the bitmaps I wonder would it be a help to everyone if the site contained a section with simplfied guides on how to get the game working along with the XP patch that is now available.

While Im bitterly dissapointed with not being able to get my hands on a hassle free XP version of Z, Im quite happy not to see a sequel. A strange thing to hear from a Z fan I think you will agree, but I think the giant leap forward in technolgy this would have ment a giant leap away from the magic and core playability of the first game.

Like all great Bitmap Brothers games, they can only exist in 2D

just a few thoughts.... :empty:
buman
Major
Major

Post by buman » 2007-04-02, 03:35

( OK then this is gonna be my shortest post: )
I do not agree!

Edit: @CHYROS: It CAN exist in 3D!
Last edited by buman on 2007-04-02, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-04-02, 12:23

buman wrote:( OK then this is gonna be my shortest post: )
I do not agree!
And now for why... :)
RavenTS
Major
Major

Post by RavenTS » 2007-04-05, 10:42

Yeah, nice idea. If people would write those guides and make some shots I could bring them together, make a pdf-file and host them on my site..!
Advice 200 wrote:Since were not expecting anything further from the bitmaps I wonder would it be a help to everyone if the site contained a section with simplfied guides on how to get the game working along with the XP patch that is now available.

While Im bitterly dissapointed with not being able to get my hands on a hassle free XP version of Z, Im quite happy not to see a sequel. A strange thing to hear from a Z fan I think you will agree, but I think the giant leap forward in technolgy this would have ment a giant leap away from the magic and core playability of the first game.

Like all great Bitmap Brothers games, they can only exist in 2D

just a few thoughts.... :empty: