DEAD OR ALIVE ?

Post your comments, ideas and suggestions about a new Z sequel here.

Moderator: Brad

Ravey
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ravey » 2007-04-10, 05:55

Zod wrote:What can I say. Here is the text of my new Frontpage article:

I hate to break it to you guys but all my attempts to get any life sign from the Bro's failed throughout the last months. I have sent mail after mail, traced addresses and names but the source of the original announcements is silent. And how good did it sound. Read for yourself, this is a mail from Mike Montgomery I received last year in July:

"George Sorry not to get back to you but we have been busy & holidays. Here's an update. We have been stuck with the code as it looks like we lost a few source files. But we have now managed to get it all and compiling and john managed to play a few games under XP. We still have a lot of work to do we are hoping to re-render all the FMV's to make them better quality. The next bit is the network code."

Since then I did not hear anything else. I guess it is time to face the possibility that the Bro's couldn't get the project back together and that for some reason they weren't even able to spill the truth towards us.

I will of course continue to contact them and hope...

Best regards,
Zod
This could just be because they are busy working with Frogster Interactive on Superball2 and The Chaos Engine. They actually updated their website on the 28th March 2007, confirming that they are still working on these projects...

Quote:
Frogster plays Speedball 2 and The Chaos Engine
Posted: Wednesday, 28th March 2007

Frogster Interactive reanimates two great classics. The Berlin-based publisher has secured itself the worldwide PC license rights of the famous hits Speedball 2 and The Chaos Engine from the legendary British games developer The Bitmap Brothers. The cult reputation of both titles reaches back to the early stages of the computer game era. Since then, a huge fan community has clamoured for new editions again and again. To no avail ? until now! Frogster is aiming to publish both titles in 2007 for the PC with The Bitmap Brothers involved in the development.

The futuristic sportsgame series Speedball was first published in 1988 on Amiga and was a success outright from the start. Versions for nearly every relevant system and very successful sequels followed. The series won numerous awards, such as 1989 the ?Game of the Year? from The Golden Joysticks and ?Best Original Game? from In-Din Arcade. The action-shooter The Chaos Engine had its similarly successful premiere in 1993. The Chaos Engine received numerous awards, among which the SEGA Award 1994 as ?Best Action Game? and the Power Play Award for the ?Multiplayer Game of the Year?.

Fans can register for the newsletter on the official teaser website http://www.speedball2.com.
Protagonist
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Protagonist » 2007-11-03, 11:01

Hey, starcraft was 10 years old and there was no answer but now starcraft 2 is coming out!:)

This still gives me a 50/50 hope on Z been revived ya know!:D
It probably won't though.

If it did, the things I would want most is an official level editor, skirmish mode and Internet Net Lobby Play so we can all join and have fun!

Playing the single player missions over and over gets boring without been able to customize the game with skirmish or PROPER net play!:p
Who's with me?!:D

Oh, and sorry about the bump, but I didn't want to spam-make a copy'd thread! I hope it's ok!:)
I'm crrently inactive on this site because of Highschool.
AppleNiNjA!
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-11-03, 12:11

Oh, and sorry about the bump, but I didn't want to spam-make a copy'd thread! I hope it's ok!
No prob. ;) This is one of the more timeless topics, and you have a reason to post.
Hey, starcraft was 10 years old and there was no answer but now starcraft 2 is coming out!
Let's bear in mind that starcraft was one of the bestselling video games in history. :?
If it did, the things I would want most is an official level editor, skirmish mode and Internet Net Lobby Play so we can all join and have fun!
-Z95 has an official level editor :D You can use it to create single player levels too, with some modifications.
-If you mean C&C-style skirmish: that's not really possible in Z, wouldn't you say?
-Yeah, the multiplayer support needs some reworking, but I think it's relatively possible with Hamachi.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
Protagonist
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Protagonist » 2007-11-04, 05:58

Well, I have Z95 but it doesn't work so I downloaded Antares, (I think thats his name), XP patch. Everything works fine and there is a level editor but I just don't know how to make single-player levels.
It really only says that I can make multiplayer levels for my friends and I only!

Are you sure you can make SP missions?:D If so can you please tell me what I have to do:)

Thx!
AppleNiNjA!
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-11-04, 12:24

You'll need Z Tools.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
buman
Major
Major

Post by buman » 2007-11-05, 01:09

Well since there?s no (understandable) english tutorial for doing this using "z tools" it?ll still be hard to do this. (at least i didn?t manage to)
Protagonist
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Protagonist » 2007-11-05, 11:28

Whoa thanks!
The bad thing is I'm too young to understand most of it! xD
AppleNiNjA!
The_Drummer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: DEAD OR ALIVE ?

Post by The_Drummer » 2009-01-27, 10:08

Theres a lot of games out there which break the mould, get a dedicated fan base and then... just die, sadly Z is one. :(
Original War was another one, very unique and a great game but the developers just left it.
I'm afraid the server z game 2 is full. However, I have set up two more:-

For Z95 players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: Z95!
Password: Tom
For DOSBox-Z players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: DOSBox-Z!
Password: Tom
Have fun!