Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Post your comments, ideas and suggestions about a new Z sequel here.

Moderator: Brad

User avatar
Protagonist
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 41
Joined: 2006-10-28, 09:10

Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby Protagonist » 2008-02-19, 11:38

Ok, this is a thread to discuss which units you think need an update desprately! What I mean is:

Someone: Oh I think the jeep needs to have more health and speed.

Something like that!
Anyway, please don't make a completely new unit, just use one thats already in the game that you think needs some modding.


Ok, the unit that I think needs some modding is the gatling gun!
Literally, it owns robots and jeeps in the FIRST and only the FIRST missions, but after that it becomes useless since tanks and the 'Gun' exists. It needs to have more armour and a way fastest fire rate, (instead of just the jeeps!)
It also should have extra resistance to tanks because a light tank can single shoot one down! Sheesh! :(

Another unit that needs modding is the gun. It needs the range of the medium tank when in Z95 because it becomes useless in level 6! I also think that it's fire power should be just a tiny bit more than the mediums, and so should its ROF, (rate of fire!).
It also sucks because of it's health! It should have just a tiny bit more than the light tanks. Maybe a Z95 grunt's health bar, not the actual health but the bit of the bar to addon to the light tank armour it has.

I hope you like this thread! And start playing! :wink:
I'm crrently inactive on this site because of Highschool.
AppleNiNjA!
Image
User avatar
CHYROS
General
General
Posts: 403
Joined: 2006-01-25, 16:07
Location: Netherlands

Re: Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby CHYROS » 2008-02-19, 18:22

Protagonist wrote: Someone: Oh I think the jeep needs to have more health and speed.
I happen to agree even with that example :) . I've always felt the main reason for making a Jeep would be the great speed it would afford but in Z the Jeep isn't fast enough to merit building it. Its machine gun could also use a small buff.
Protagonist wrote:Ok, the unit that I think needs some modding is the gatling gun!
Literally, it owns robots and jeeps in the FIRST and only the FIRST missions, but after that it becomes useless since tanks and the 'Gun' exists. It needs to have more armour and a way fastest fire rate, (instead of just the jeeps!)
It also should have extra resistance to tanks because a light tank can single shoot one down! Sheesh! :(

Another unit that needs modding is the gun. It needs the range of the medium tank when in Z95 because it becomes useless in level 6! I also think that it's fire power should be just a tiny bit more than the mediums, and so should its ROF, (rate of fire!).
It also sucks because of it's health! It should have just a tiny bit more than the light tanks. Maybe a Z95 grunt's health bar, not the actual health but the bit of the bar to addon to the light tank armour it has.
About the Gun: currently it has the range of a Medium (or Light; they are equal) but the problem is that the tank always gets in the first shot and can drive away before the Gun (or Gatling; it suffers from the same problem) can react, effectively making both completely ineffective against tanks unless the player is sloppy. In multiplayer this is less of a problem since a player can order artillery to lock onto a unit which makes this exploit ineffective.

But what I'd like to see in any Z sequel is improved range for all static defences. This would potentially make them actually useful (currently only the Howitzer and Missile Gun are useful but both take way too long to make in competitive play.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
Tanel K
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 69
Joined: 2006-06-09, 16:14
Location: Estonia

Re: Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby Tanel K » 2008-02-19, 18:40

Add more HP to the Jeep, but keep the weakness that its driver can be shot out easily. This should make tricks with Jeep pretty useful in late game as well, but keeps their vulnerability against Psychos, Snipers, Lasers and Gatlings.
User avatar
Protagonist
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 41
Joined: 2006-10-28, 09:10

Re: Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby Protagonist » 2008-02-20, 07:16

CHYROS wrote: About the Gun: currently it has the range of a Medium (or Light they are equal.)
Well, for me in my Z95 game mediums have just a little under a CM greater range than a light! Are you sure they are the same?
Oh, and if you are deciding to mod a unit anyone, PLEASE do not say the grunt! We all know they suck! ;)
I'm crrently inactive on this site because of Highschool.
AppleNiNjA!
Image
User avatar
CHYROS
General
General
Posts: 403
Joined: 2006-01-25, 16:07
Location: Netherlands

Re: Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby CHYROS » 2008-02-20, 08:28

Protagonist wrote:Well, for me in my Z95 game mediums have just a little under a CM greater range than a light! Are you sure they are the same?
Yes, in fact, here are the units' stats (bottom of the page) ;) .
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
User avatar
Protagonist
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 41
Joined: 2006-10-28, 09:10

Re: Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby Protagonist » 2008-02-20, 11:06

I swear that they arn't the same!
I'm crrently inactive on this site because of Highschool.
AppleNiNjA!
Image
User avatar
lil' T
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 77
Joined: 2007-03-07, 20:40
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby lil' T » 2008-02-20, 11:51

In fact, they are.

And I disagree on the Jeep needing an upgrade. It's fine as it is right now. Remenber, it is the fastest and earliest vehicle you will get in this game. Therefore, it should not be too effective against tanks or guns. However, because of its great speed, a good player can easily clear out slow firing vehicles such as tanks or even Mo. Missiles. Toughs are no match for Jeeps so it is pretty effective alreday.

Does anyone use Pyros seriously? Their bullet speed is slightly slow, they can't even hit Jeeps, Lights or APCs. I'd say they need to fire faster or should have lower production time to make 'em a potential threat.
User avatar
CHYROS
General
General
Posts: 403
Joined: 2006-01-25, 16:07
Location: Netherlands

Re: Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby CHYROS » 2008-02-20, 16:26

lil' T wrote:Remenber, it is the fastest and earliest vehicle you will get in this game.
Its speed is what I would build a Jeep for, but it doesn't have enough to be able to get somewhere fast enough that a Light wouldn't do. Lights are almost as fast and much more powerful.
lil' T wrote:Does anyone use Pyros seriously? Their bullet speed is slightly slow, they can't even hit Jeeps, Lights or APCs. I'd say they need to fire faster or should have lower production time to make 'em a potential threat.
They could use a buff too, but they're not useless at the moment. They are powerful versus slow vehicles, Heavies, Mo. Missiles and to a lesser degree, Mediums. Worst fault of theirs is that static defences, which they should be powerful against because of their ammo type, can't be hit by them at all for some reason.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
User avatar
The_Drummer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 99
Joined: 2006-06-03, 20:15
Location: Wales, UK
Contact:

Re: Would you like Any units modded up for the sequel?

Postby The_Drummer » 2008-03-17, 18:06

Mo Missiles - I think the Bros. went too far to try and balance it... its underpowered now. I think it's missiles should be able to travel a little faster. Currently, all it has a chance of hitting are heavies (and even then it only hits sometimes), and artillery. But if it fires faster, maybe its production time should be a bit higher also.
I'm afraid the server z game 2 is full. However, I have set up two more:-

For Z95 players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: Z95!
Password: Tom
For DOSBox-Z players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: DOSBox-Z!
Password: Tom
Have fun!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest