Z2? There is already a decent knock off availble.

Post your comments, ideas and suggestions about a new Z sequel here.

Moderator: Brad

Lanval
Tough
Tough

Z2? There is already a decent knock off availble.

Postby Lanval » 2009-10-18, 17:35

There is already a decent knock off of Z available now! It's called Robocalypse for Iphone and Itouch. It has the same resource gathering / command center model. You build various different factories and robots. What's more is that you can play online against other players, up to 4 at a time with over 30 multiplayer maps and a 20 level solo campaign. It's only 5 bucks to download. Well worth it! It's a blast.
KISSMAD
General
General

Re: Z2? There is already a decent knock off availble.

Postby KISSMAD » 2009-10-19, 01:29

It's for Nintendo DS, iPhone and WiiWare.
http://www.robocalypse.us/
Eastwind
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eastwind » 2009-10-19, 01:57

It does't seems a remake , for exemple you don't need to build factory in Z
Lanval
Tough
Tough

Postby Lanval » 2009-10-20, 04:55

Actually it takes many of the best elements of Z and Steel Soldiers (where you do need to build factories). The graphics are more Z like than Steel Soldiers. The humor is nearly identical. They even have a Zod-like robot, hero that you can build. It differs that in that way, you can build "heros." Love the online multiplayer mode! I think only Iphone and Ipod touch support online play via wifi.
Lanval
Tough
Tough

Postby Lanval » 2009-10-22, 01:01

Come to think of it, the Bitmap Brothers announced a few years back a "Z Mobile" project. Well it's a shame that they never came out with it. Here they have a great game, with small data packets ideally suited for mobile devices, ready to go and they totally dropped the ball. The Apple App store has already 2 billion downloads. They could've converted "Z" quite easily for the Ipod, and totally cashed in. Being that they sold 500,000 units of the "Z" game. I imagine they would've had at least 20,000 download sales of an Ipod version right off the bat, with tons more to follow. I myself would've paid up to $20 bucks for a "Z" Iphone version that had multiplayer capabilities. As it is, I will have to settle for "Robocalypse," because it is pretty good (being that that they ripped off Z).