Z Expansion XP Launcher

Post questions and issues for Antares' Z Expansion XP patch here. This comfortable launcher allows to play Z Expansion in W2K/XP/Vista.

Moderator: Brad

Zod
Admin General
Admin General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Z Expansion XP Launcher

Post by Zod » 2008-12-19, 15:14

Hi guys,

as you surely noticed by now I had to take off the XP Launcher from the Downloads section. It contained a virus. Does anyone have a clean XP Launcher that he can zip up for me so I can put it back online for download?

Best regards,
Zod
Antares
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Antares » 2008-12-19, 23:41

You can always download it from my project - http://imasters.org.ru/viewtopic.php?id=20
mynah
Psycho
Psycho

Post by mynah » 2009-08-15, 02:52

my version is Z95 Expansion for XP and Vista,there is not any blank to input IP when select the Mutiplayers game,how could i do?
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Post by Meeky » 2009-08-15, 10:19

mynah wrote:my version is Z95 Expansion for XP and Vista,there is not any blank to input IP when select the Mutiplayers game,how could i do?
Hi, mynah
I have several questions to you:
1) Do you see TCP/IP protocol in the list of protocols as seen in the picture below:

2) Do you choose "Join game" option, as seen in the picture below:
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine
mynah
Psycho
Psycho

Post by mynah » 2009-08-17, 18:36

Meeky wrote:
mynah wrote:my version is Z95 Expansion for XP and Vista,there is not any blank to input IP when select the Mutiplayers game,how could i do?
Hi, mynah
I have several questions to you:
1) Do you see TCP/IP protocol in the list of protocols as seen in the picture below:

2) Do you choose "Join game" option, as seen in the picture below:

Thanks for your help.Unfortunately,i cant see the img your post on the forum,and i has never see the TCP/IP protocol in the list of protocols. The items in the list are same as old dos version:ipx,direct and modem. And i checked the version again in the menu of "help",it shows version of 2.0. And in this version,i feel the mouse is not handy compared to the dos version.
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Post by Meeky » 2009-08-17, 21:11

mynah wrote: Thanks for your help.Unfortunately,i cant see the img your post on the forum,and i has never see the TCP/IP protocol in the list of protocols. The items in the list are same as old dos version:ipx,direct and modem. And i checked the version again in the menu of "help",it shows version of 2.0. And in this version,i feel the mouse is not handy compared to the dos version.
Ok, then you could give a try to my mod, which allows to play the game in SVGA and XGA screen resolutions and also includes Antares patch with TCP/IP protocol support. Hope this help.
Carrera
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Carrera » 2009-08-18, 15:49

The 1.7 Beta on Anteres page also has a Virus. The 1.65 version seems OK.
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Post by Meeky » 2009-08-18, 20:54

Carrera wrote:The 1.7 Beta on Anteres page also has a Virus. The 1.65 version seems OK.
You are still didn't get it? There was never a virus in any of Antares patches. All of those faulty reports are the result of patching technique that Antares uses. If you are still feel uneasy, then take my mod, which actually includes the latest Antares patch version 1.7 beta 3, but makes use of another patching technique and thus does not fall under the category of programs with virus-like activity.
mynah
Psycho
Psycho

Post by mynah » 2009-08-19, 06:15

Ok, then you could give a try to my mod, which allows to play the game in SVGA and XGA screen resolutions and also includes Antares patch with TCP/IP protocol support. Hope this help.[/quote]

i had uninstalled the game of version2.0,and install the 1.6.All seems to work well and mouse is handy again.Only problem is multiplayers game,too few players and when select the TCP/IP mode, port mapping is needed since my computer is in the LAN.
Abdelinho
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Abdelinho » 2009-12-02, 05:46

Hi guys
I have problems with the multiplayers mode... Is doesnt detect anything xd, i click on "Join game" and i dont put any name os host name and let the game to find them... But dont find anything...

Can i need open "ports" my computer is connect in router

Thanks guys

P.D: Sorry for my english,my english sucks xd i need more practice
plib
Tough
Tough

Post by plib » 2013-05-04, 20:17

Antares wrote:You can always download it from my project - http://imasters.org.ru/viewtopic.php?id=20
Hi, unfortunately G-Data's anti-virus stuff reports version 1.7 as a being virus - it would be nice if you could give them a little kick and point out that it is not. Cheers.