ZTool - a Z Editor Single-Player tool

Post questions and issues for Antares' Z Expansion XP patch here. This comfortable launcher allows to play Z Expansion in W2K/XP/Vista.

Moderator: Brad

BallWin
Major
Major

Re: ZTool - a Z Editor Single-Player tool

Postby BallWin » 2008-09-10, 01:43

Exlua wrote: I replace a other Singleplayer Map, but i see short the Level/Map screen. After that i have a black screen and i can hear the Windows "bling" sound. I press enter and see the Menu Screen.

Ok i build my map without start units/Tower Guns. You can see it in the first picture... I have the coordinates for my units. First the Towers Gun in the Z Tool list than the Units. You can see it in the second picture...

Maybe a problem with the target for the blue units ??
Obviously:
- You did not use any starting groups in ZEditor.
- Instead of it you used ZTool.

This is wrong decision.
Attentively read the instruction (help _ Z Tools _ English.doc).

1. Originally all Starting Groups are necessary for establishing in ZEditor.
2. To save map.
3. A file CPUPRL to load in ZTools.
4. To write down the data of a Blue Team in that the order, in which it has appeared in ZEditor.

PS. The data of a Red Team are not necessary.
APC
Grunt
Grunt

Zeditor problems... :(

Postby APC » 2008-11-07, 20:21

Hello, I have problem with Zeditor. Singleplayer scenarios (with use of Z_Tools_0932) works perfekt only on desert type scenarios. When I make arctic, jungle, city ... in Zeditor looks all OK, but in game there are false textures on hills :( . Textures like water and coastal line, etc. This my first great problem. Can anybody help me please??

Second problem in Zeditor is with DECORATION objects. When I place empty vehicle, there is no problem, but when I place decoration as ROCK, ANIMAL HOME, ... , with every mouse-click I place 4 or 5 this objects to the same place. And then I must delete them.
Have you the same problem in Zeditor??
BallWin
Major
Major

Re: Zeditor problems... :(

Postby BallWin » 2008-11-07, 22:20

APC wrote:Second problem in Zeditor is with DECORATION objects. When I place empty vehicle, there is no problem, but when I place decoration as ROCK, ANIMAL HOME, ... , with every mouse-click I place 4 or 5 this objects to the same place. And then I must delete them.
Have you the same problem in Zeditor??
It is a known bug a ZEditor.
Use a means of "Delete clon-objects" (menu Tools) from a new version ZTools_0936 for correction of a bug of the editor.
APC wrote:I have problem with Zeditor. Singleplayer scenarios (with use of Z_Tools_0932) works perfekt only on desert type scenarios. When I make arctic, jungle, city ... in Zeditor looks all OK, but in game there are false textures on hills :( . Textures like water and coastal line, etc. This my first great problem. Can anybody help me please??
I do not understand (my English language is unsufficiently good).
Give link to your level. Then I can help with your problem.