How to play multiplayer TCP/IP Instruction

Post questions and issues for Antares' Z Expansion XP patch here. This comfortable launcher allows to play Z Expansion in W2K/XP/Vista.

Moderator: Brad

Abdelinho
Grunt
Grunt

How to play multiplayer TCP/IP Instruction

Post by Abdelinho » 2009-12-05, 02:44

Ok guys, plz i need the way to play Z expansion the Antares launcher is dont working for me! and the lenguaje is on Rusian!!! Im envolved crazy mens, plz give me some instruction....

I put "join game" (tcp/ip) and dont find anything... In direct serial with hamachi neither so now??? and i search on the forum and i dont see anything clear about TCP/IP... Please, if any one read this, help, dont be selfish. Dont tell me: "go and found in the forum is the answer", if you wanna put this, dont write anything, only write if you help.

Another things is the IPX, the Vista dont have that protocol and my brother's PC is vista home 64 bits...

Thanks
pjtr
Sniper
Sniper

Re: How to play multiplayer TCP/IP Instruction

Post by pjtr » 2009-12-24, 15:24

It definatly works.

1.) To be sure, deactivate all Firewalls, etc.
2.) I use the 1.7 Beta 3. Both player need to use the same version of the expansion program.
3.) TCP/IP: One player needs to open up a game, the other one searches for his computer name. If that does not work, leave the field blank.

Cheers,

pjtr
Abdelinho wrote:Ok guys, plz i need the way to play Z expansion the Antares launcher is dont working for me! and the lenguaje is on Rusian!!! Im envolved crazy mens, plz give me some instruction....

I put "join game" (tcp/ip) and dont find anything... In direct serial with hamachi neither so now??? and i search on the forum and i dont see anything clear about TCP/IP... Please, if any one read this, help, dont be selfish. Dont tell me: "go and found in the forum is the answer", if you wanna put this, dont write anything, only write if you help.

Another things is the IPX, the Vista dont have that protocol and my brother's PC is vista home 64 bits...

Thanks
garruz666
Laser
Laser
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by garruz666 » 2010-04-06, 14:58

i would like to ask u a dude. a friend and me want to play z95 online. we are from spain buyt different cities, so we need to play by IPX. we connect to hamachi and set up the game. we connect to tcp, one creates and the other joins. the problem is that only one time the one who connects saw the created game. when he joined the game the pc´s started to load the game, but both stopped while they were loading the match. the normal is that we dont see the created game.

and using dos box we can play, but it is to laggy and slowly. we use hamachi too.

1- do u know where´s the problem using z95? i have windows 7 64 bit and i use the antares patch 1.6. i think my friend has the same than me. i have a problem with 1.7, windows says there´s a problem with that, i think he thinks it´s a bug, cos i see an icon of a small insect like a bettle (dont know the english name). and we do what u said at this post.

2- is there any other way to play online?? i saw a post speaking about something to arcor, but u need less pin than 100ms. i tryed it but i achieve nothing with that.

3- is it possible to play writing the real IP of the server?? i mean, writting the IP of my friend, the real, not the one from hamachi.

4- are there more programs like hamachi to use them to play??
harry35
Tough
Tough

Post by harry35 » 2010-04-07, 14:20

garruz666 wrote:we connect to tcp, one creates and the other joins. the problem is that only one time the one who connects saw the created game. when he joined the game the pc´s started to load the game, but both stopped while they were loading the match. the normal is that we dont see the created game.

1- do u know where´s the problem using z95? i have windows 7 64 bit and i use the antares patch 1.6. i think my friend has the same than me. i have a problem with 1.7, windows says there´s a problem with that, i think he thinks it´s a bug, cos i see an icon of a small insect like a bettle (dont know the english name). and we do what u said at this post.

2- is there any other way to play online?? i saw a post speaking about something to arcor, but u need less pin than 100ms. i tryed it but i achieve nothing with that.

3- is it possible to play writing the real IP of the server?? i mean, writting the IP of my friend, the real, not the one from hamachi.

4- are there more programs like hamachi to use them to play??
My frind and I have had exactly the same problem!!
We solved this using Wippien and klicking first of all (before "join game") on 3 player (... waiting), on 4 players (... waiting) --> :P it works fine for every fight :P
We are using "sichere Verbindung", sorry, german.

3- Real IP is not possible with a router I think. With Wippien you will get a tunnel (vpn) to your friend with new IP you have to use. (ping less 30ms!!)
4- yes, Wippien :wink:
garruz666
Laser
Laser

Post by garruz666 » 2010-04-07, 15:03

so, we must use Wippien. it is clear. but, should we create for 3 or 4 players?? i dont understand this part ox your post.

and the thing we must press before play, is it on wippien??
harry35
Tough
Tough

Post by harry35 » 2010-04-09, 00:27

This is a missunderstanding :wink:
You start wippien and both will get its own an static IP. Create an multiplayer game over tcp/ip in Z.
So, you can see your friend. WE DO NOT DIRECTLY KLICK on "play". One of us, the person which is seeing the opponent,
is first klicking on 3 players (your friend is now not visible), then klicking on 4 players (your friend is now not visible).
After we have done this we are klicking on 2 players, now your friend is visible AGAIN. By klicking "join game" it works.

We don´t know why it, but what shalls, it works fine.
garruz666
Laser
Laser

Post by garruz666 » 2010-04-09, 01:33

i´ll try it and tell here what happens :) thnks