problem whit graphics. windows 7 64bits

Post questions and issues for Antares' Z Expansion XP patch here. This comfortable launcher allows to play Z Expansion in W2K/XP/Vista.

Moderator: Brad

zakkandrachoff
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Postby zakkandrachoff » 2010-08-20, 19:04

okey, first, good forum. i am very fanatic of this game since i has a 4/86.
but i have a little problem. the ground (terrain) are very pixel and rare colours. not the troops and the buildings. i check in the site and i cant found solution. i already check the ZGFX_BIN file but i don't know how to use it (if this maybe fix the problem)
iput some links of pics of my problems. in the first pic, i put sreensave button and in the pic is very nice, so i take pics with my celphone.
I have windows 7 64 bits, a monitor lcd of 23" and a atiradeon 5850 1gb.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae18 ... -29-92.jpg
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae18 ... o-0013.jpg
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae18 ... o-0014.jpg

another problem that i have is that i can't see all the NEW missions. i was playing a mission "exp 1" (dont remember the name) and now i can't see that mission in the list , the list only down to L35 mission.

sorry my crappy english
Z - Cossacks 2 - Supreme commander2 - Men Of War with mod
zakkandrachoff
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: problem whit graphics. windows 7 64bits

Postby zakkandrachoff » 2010-08-21, 07:43

Meeky wrote:
joker wrote:You are kidding me, right?
I'm not asking for a new installer, because this is NOT needed!
Those people who would want to play without admin right know how to edit the registry and move the necessary entries from HKLM to HKCU.

So that basically means WE ALL cannot play Z95 on machines without admin rights, because you feel like you have no time?
C'mon Meeky! This would only take you like 10 minutes to make a new patch which requests the keys from HKCU, instead of HKLM?!

Don't let us down!
No, it does not take 10 minutes, several hours at the least :roll:
And who is "us" you are referring to? Do you play at work or on a public computer?

There is a new version of WinZMod.exe in the attachment, that you asked for.
Its new "/hkcu" switch key enables to run the game on computers without administrative rights.
Before running the mod, create registry entries under HKCU key. For the purpose, you can avail yourself of attached HKCU.reg file.
Parlamenter wrote: You can patch the string "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" in game exe-file with any hex editor. It may help but I don't know how launcher checks the needed version of game exe-file.
Hi, Parlamenter!
Nice to here you :)
Why did you decide, that key handle is stored as a string literal? :)
By the way, the launcher checks file version by TimeDateStamp in PE Header, so patching the file won't hurt :D
done, now work fine with winzmod mod
i use /SVGA for full screen, is beautiful, only the menu is not so good now, but i can live whit that.
very nice. thanks all people of the forum. a
i have a little problem in the new way is the game. witout map i can play fast. this is wrong for me, the radar is not the map, the radar onlsign the neemy unit on the map. ok
Z - Cossacks 2 - Supreme commander2 - Men Of War with mod