Visual Style

Place all issues about the sequel game "Z:Steel Soldiers" here

Moderator: Brad

Is original Z's visual style better than the Steel Soldiers' one?

Yes.
92%
No. I don't think so.
No votes
Both good.
8%

Total votes: 12
OloneDat
Grunt
Grunt

Visual Style

Postby OloneDat » 2008-04-12, 18:59

Don't know what to say...

Please post why do you think so.

And... Sorry for my "Worse english" trait.
Popov
Pyro
Pyro

Re: Visual Style

Postby Popov » 2008-04-12, 22:20

voted for "yes". Dunno, maybe it's just because I've been a gamer since mid-nineties ,and can appreciate a good game even if it lacks fancy graphics. Original "Z" , thanks to it's uncommon "visual style" has a soul , something that is simply lovable, as opposed to Z:Steel Soldiers. Don't get me wrong , the sequel doesn't look bad, it's just... nothing out of ordinary.
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2008-04-13, 10:20

Huge mistake to use comics instead of videorollers. The answer - "yes".
CHYROS
General
General

Postby CHYROS » 2008-04-13, 12:57

Don't know where to start, really. I think Z looked much better than Z:SS for the following reasons:

-graphics were razor sharp; no blurry graphics; lots of details instead of just a bland background with near-invisible people on it, etc. Only the first game did the reputation of the Bitmap Brothers justice.
-cartoony graphics = FAIL
-vehicles, factories, even territory flags, all look like shapeless blobs in Z:SS. In Z the tanks were nice and cute but still menacing, factories were actually factories, and flags were actually flags.
-levels in Z looked very detailed; swamps, chasms, rivers, trees (well "trees"), animals, it looked pretty realistic actually. In Z:SS every landscape was practically empty.

But the worst was Z:SS' new gameplay though. It killed everything that was original in Z.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
Blade_sword
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Postby Blade_sword » 2015-04-10, 11:48

Personally while the original Z is more detailed, I think both are good, the only problem IMO is the fact that the original came in a period where 2D was superior to 3D in terms of general quality and even in the early 2000's the graphics, mostly in RTS weren't very good in 3D.
So in conclusion I appreciate both games in that area.
Though in the 90's I was more an action game player, mostly FPS from the mid 90's so yeah I got steel soldiers before the original Z.