3 Problems Sorry :/

Post any issues here having to do with playing, installating or configuration of the game.

Moderator: Brad

SGT-Snail
Psycho
Psycho
Are you a spam bot?: No

3 Problems Sorry :/

Postby SGT-Snail » 2009-07-19, 20:04

Hey guys, glad i could join the forum

I'm having 3 problems with Z95, Whenever i use antares patch to install the game no matter what image i use the option screens end up in german (although the cutscenes and in-game voices are all english), But i transfered the exact same patch and image to my brothers PC and his was in english :S.

My second problem is i am unable to host direct IP games, whenever i click host nothing happens, but again my bro and my mate can, it works fine :S.

Lastly my friend is having an issue where if a fort gets destroyed the game becomes incredibly laggy and unplayabe and also lags us out on multiplayer. He is using windows vista, and i dont know too much about his computer but any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Re: 3 Problems Sorry :/

Postby Meeky » 2009-07-19, 20:39

SGT-Snail wrote:Hey guys, glad i could join the forum
Hi, mate! We glad too! :)
SGT-Snail wrote: I'm having 3 problems with Z95, Whenever i use antares patch to install the game no matter what image i use the option screens end up in german (although the cutscenes and in-game voices are all english), But i transfered the exact same patch and image to my brothers PC and his was in english :S.
Please, check your system locale ID:
In the Control Panel click Regional Settings, open the Regional Settings Properties dialog box. What language is specified there?

SGT-Snail wrote: My second problem is i am unable to host direct IP games, whenever i click host nothing happens, but again my bro and my mate can, it works fine :S.
What Antares patch version do you use? You can download latest version 1.7 beta 3 here

SGT-Snail wrote: Lastly my friend is having an issue where if a fort gets destroyed the game becomes incredibly laggy and unplayabe and also lags us out on multiplayer. He is using windows vista, and i dont know too much about his computer but any help at all would be appreciated.
Yeah, when the fort blows, the CPU load is incredibly high. Possibly we should disable fort blow animation in multiplay mode?
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine
SGT-Snail
Psycho
Psycho

Postby SGT-Snail » 2009-07-19, 23:00

What Antares patch version do you use?
I'm using the one in the downloads section on this site i think (or the one which came with the Z95 download in the "where to get Z forum".

The one you linked me, keeps saying "cannot be used with this version of the game :S"

And i also managed to fix the language issue =) thanks.
SGT-Snail
Psycho
Psycho

Postby SGT-Snail » 2009-07-19, 23:44

Ok, well i got the patch to work, But i have the same problem unfortunately =(
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Postby Meeky » 2009-07-20, 18:55

SGT-Snail wrote:Ok, well i got the patch to work, But i have the same problem unfortunately =(
Ok, download my mod by the link in this post and run the game with the following command line:
WinZMod /w3d /dbg
Then while trying to create the game, keep an eye on the debug console.
Copy and paste here content of the output strings with IDPlay_OpenCreateand IDPlay_CreatePlayer in them.
SGT-Snail
Psycho
Psycho

Postby SGT-Snail » 2009-07-21, 18:59

Ok, download my mod by the link in this post and run the game with the following command line:
WinZMod /w3d /dbg
Then while trying to create the game, keep an eye on the debug console.
Copy and paste here content of the output strings with IDPlay_OpenCreateand IDPlay_CreatePlayer in them.
I downloaded the mod, But im really dont understand where i sposed to enter these commands etc sorry :/.
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Postby Meeky » 2009-07-21, 21:02

SGT-Snail wrote: I downloaded the mod, But im really dont understand where i sposed to enter these commands etc sorry :/.
Ok, download the mod ones more - I made corrections in it, so you don't have to enter any command line options.
Just extract the content of the archive into Z directory (that is where winz.exe resides) and just run WinZMod.exe.
After the game is loaded, try to create the game as usual. If an error will occur you will see the message box with error code. If you happen to see it, just post screenshot (Alt+PrintScreen) of that message here.
SGT-Snail
Psycho
Psycho

Postby SGT-Snail » 2009-07-21, 23:33

Thats what i got.
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Postby Meeky » 2009-07-22, 06:04

Are you trying to create connection over TCP/IP, not IPX?
How many network cards installed on your system? What version of DirectX and Windows you have?
Until I got answers from you check UPnP:
Universal PnP might need to be disabled in your router, or in Windows:
a) To enable or disable UPnP in Windows XP, click Start / Run / type: services.msc
and you can then right-click Universal Plug and Play on the list to Start it.
b) Consult your router manual for the UPnP instructions for your model.
SGT-Snail wrote: Lastly my friend is having an issue where if a fort gets destroyed the game becomes incredibly laggy and unplayabe and also lags us out on multiplayer. He is using windows vista, and i dont know too much about his computer but any help at all would be appreciated.
Until I come up with a solution try set minimal details level in the game on both computers and see whether it helps.