Z95 Multiplayer over hamachi - fatal error

Post any issues here having to do with playing, installating or configuration of the game.

Moderator: Brad

DesanN
Tough
Tough

Z95 Multiplayer over hamachi - fatal error

Post by DesanN » 2009-08-10, 15:40

Hello,
I've read every topic I've found using the search function but yet I couldn't find a solution. Everytime I try to play Z95 over hamachi (TCP/IP) it gives me and different opponents a fatal error when the game has finished loading. I hope you can help me, I really want to play :)
Thanks.
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Re: Z95 Multiplayer over hamachi - fatal error

Post by Meeky » 2009-08-10, 20:39

DesanN wrote:Hello,
I've read every topic I've found using the search function but yet I couldn't find a solution. Everytime I try to play Z95 over hamachi (TCP/IP) it gives me and different opponents a fatal error when the game has finished loading. I hope you can help me, I really want to play :)
Thanks.
I would recommend you several things to do:
1) Ensure that you both have the same game distributive - in multiplay game CRC of level files and other critical files must be identical
2) Ensure that you both have the same patch version - you can download my change resolution mod which also contains Antares patch version 1.7 Beta 3
3) And lastly, if even after above steps should the error persist, please save detailed log of it in the file and attach it in the next post
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine
DesanN
Tough
Tough

Post by DesanN » 2009-08-10, 21:24

Thanks for your advice. We had the same patch version, I'll try to use the same game distribution when he comes online. How do I open the command line in your resoltion patch and how do I get the log from step 3?
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Post by Meeky » 2009-08-11, 21:51

How your crash report screen looks like? Most probably it resembles something like this:
or this
In either case click the link in the error message screen. On the next screen there will be detailed error description and path to the log file.
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine
DesanN
Tough
Tough

Post by DesanN » 2009-08-13, 17:52

There is no crash report, both my mate and me get into the game (we see our forts) and the fatal error is displayed in the game, then the game disconnects. I'll post a screenshot the next time we try. It would also be nice if you could tell me how t open the command line in your resoltion patch.
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Post by Meeky » 2009-08-13, 22:14

DesanN wrote:There is no crash report, both my mate and me get into the game (we see our forts) and the fatal error is displayed in the game, then the game disconnects. I'll post a screenshot the next time we try. It would also be nice if you could tell me how t open the command line in your resoltion patch.
Ok, I've built my WinZ mod with error logging feature. You can downloaded it here
When error occurs there will be displayed this screen:
Press "More" and on the next screen "Save"

As for the command line. To be able to use command line switches you can make use of
1) Some file commanders such as "FAR manager"
2) Windows Run line. See explanation here.
In the Run line enter (providing the game installed in its default directory)
"C:\Program Files\Bitmap Brothers\Z\WinZMod.exe" /w3d /xga
3) Shortcut. Go to the game folder. Create a shortcut for WinZMod executable. To add command line parameters to it follow this steps:
  • Right click the file and select Properties.
  • Under the shortcut tab, you will see an area that says Target, this will list the exact location of the file within quotation marks.
  • Modify the Target adding the command line variables after the last quotation mark.
  • Press apply and start your game via the shortcut.
Here is an example of a shortcut target for WinZMod with a command line parameter added to:
"C:\Program Files\Bitmap Brothers\Z\WinZMod.exe" /w3d /xga
Ulfar
Sniper
Sniper
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Ulfar » 2009-10-28, 01:06

I have tried it but failed me and my friend have the same wersion od Z (1.7 beta) and the same hamachi(2.0.1.64) I can see him on my list and ping him but we can't see each othet in the game we choose TCP/IP connection.
Please help me to establish connection :(
Ulfar
Sniper
Sniper
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Ulfar » 2009-11-23, 01:13

Can anybody help me in establishing multiplayer connection ?