LAN game doesn'T start

Post any issues here having to do with playing, installating or configuration of the game.

Moderator: Brad

Sn0rr3
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

LAN game doesn'T start

Postby Sn0rr3 » 2009-08-23, 20:00

Hello guys,

first i love Z xD it was my first game i bought in my live in 1996 and i love it :D

Computer settings:
Windwos XP Sp3 ; Hamachi Version 1.0.3.0

My Problem:

i downloaded the Z Expastion from yoorwire.net (it includes version 1.6 for XP/Vista(32/64bit)) (link: http://board.yourwire.net/showthread.ph ... p+brothers) and installed it and there were no problems. I can play it in singleplayer without any problems but if i want to play with my friends at the internet or local network (router) we can't play.

We tried it with using hamachi but it still doesn't work. I also opened the prots @ the router and deacitvated the windows firewall. We'r able to ping at us in the hamachi network but if i or my friend opens a game, the other one see's the game but when he or i want to join the game it loads and after a while a sandglass (mouse curser) appears and then the lan window closes and opens againg or the game hang's-up (windows taskmanager -> kill process).

i also have the original version and it also runs with dosbox but i don't think that we can play on lan with dosbox so i searched if someone has the Z95 version and so i downloaded it.

Do you have any ideas how we can play or do we use the wrong hamachi version? i'l like to play xD

best regards

Sn0rr3
i am from austria :D
Sn0rr3
Grunt
Grunt

Re: LAN game doesn'T start

Postby Sn0rr3 » 2009-08-27, 17:18

ok we finally were able to start the game (we can choose a map and so on) and the game starts. when its fianlly loaded we see us together but we have extreme lags and it's unable to play. does someone know how to play without lags?!

best regards
i am from austria :D
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Postby Meeky » 2009-08-27, 22:15

Get rid of Hamachi and try to play over TCP/IP directly.
Also you could download latest Antares patch, but keep in mind that both of you should have the same version.
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine
rainader
Grunt
Grunt

Postby rainader » 2011-05-09, 14:56

The TCP/IP directly could really do the networking on the game. This would be more stability than using Hamachi. You may need some new or latest tools like Antares.
Liquid
Psycho
Psycho

Postby Liquid » 2011-05-12, 22:30

Hi Sn0rr3,

for the best lan experience in my opinion, i used Z95 with Antares' Expansion XP v1.7 beta and played over TCP/IP. I was able to play with no lag

I have always had problems with Hamachi so I stay away from it

Hope this works for you :D