Missing D:\CUTS\E_LOGO.JV

Post any issues here having to do with playing, installating or configuration of the game.

Moderator: Brad

[SHO] WishMeWell259
Psycho
Psycho
Are you a spam bot?: No

Missing D:\CUTS\E_LOGO.JV

Postby [SHO] WishMeWell259 » 2010-07-20, 17:06

Ok I followed the post in thread "This is how I got Z (not z95) to work on XP". read and did what it told me and I got the main.pac problem. I did wht you told me but it still couldnt find it. (Im sure i did nothing wrong). But I believe I found another way. What I did was move the main.pac and the other pac files. out of the CD in put it in the Z folder on my computer. I start it up and I get this message, Critical File Missing: C:\cuts\E_logo.jv

Something NEW!!! before following your instructions, ive been doing it myself, but hit the same dead end. But i just noticed it wasnt C:\cuts\E_logo.jv, it was D:\cuts\E_logo.jv. The Drive is now different. So i just moved the Cuts folder out of the CD folder I created and it worked.

Now I hit a new problem. mane.lbm. And they talked about that and Im alil confused. the CD is in the computer and Im not using .63, i never did. Right now Im trying to follow your instructions, and use .65. Please help, I also have .74 which was wht I was trying to use on my own.

Again please help, as soon as possible thanks

Update: used .74 and still have the same new problem now. mane.lbm
KISSMAD
General
General

Re: Missing D:\CUTS\E_LOGO.JV

Postby KISSMAD » 2010-07-21, 10:27

Welcome to the forum.
[SHO] WishMeWell259 wrote:Ok I followed the post in thread "This is how I got Z (not z95) to work on XP". read and did what it told me and I got the main.pac problem. I did wht you told me but it still couldnt find it. (Im sure i did nothing wrong). But I believe I found another way. What I did was move the main.pac and the other pac files. out of the CD in put it in the Z folder on my computer.
But step 6 of the tutorial says to do this anyways.
6. Copy all of the files that are on the Z CD to the hard drive in it's own folder. I've copied mine to C:\Games\Z\CD
Have you installed the game?

Can you please post what is in your dosbox.conf file, the text that is below the [autoexec] line.
lil' T
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby lil' T » 2010-07-21, 12:14

You don't need to copy anything from the CD to the hard drive. In fact, I would not recommend installing Z this way as you will likely get missing file errors. There is an easier and more proper way to run Z in DOSBox.

First, mount your real CD drive (assuming drive letter is D) in DOSBox by either typing those lines in the command line frontend or by appending them in the autoexec section of dosbox-0.74.cfg:

Code: Select all

mount D D:\ -t cdrom
Then, type "D:" and "SETUP" and install Z to hard drive as usual. To start Z, you need to have the CD inserted. If you want to get rid of the need to have the CD inserted. You can also make an ISO image of the Z CD and mount it as a virtual CD drive in DOSBox. I have written some instructions how to achieve this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=403&p=3475#p3475.
[SHO] WishMeWell259
Psycho
Psycho

Postby [SHO] WishMeWell259 » 2010-07-27, 14:52

sry i was away on vacation. Hold on Ill get everything posted
[SHO] WishMeWell259
Psycho
Psycho

Postby [SHO] WishMeWell259 » 2010-07-27, 18:26

Yes I have installed the game and heres whts under [autoexec]

# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

mount C C:\z

mount C C:\z\CD -t cdrom

lil' T...Im trying to do it ur way, but Im getting alil confused.
I mounted it and went to setup and it say This program requires mircosoft windows
[SHO] WishMeWell259
Psycho
Psycho

Postby [SHO] WishMeWell259 » 2010-07-27, 18:58

Update:

Lil' T

from my dosbox .65, I did mount d d:\ -t cdrom

after that I did install, not setup

reinstalled it and did my music and sounds crap and when it asked me if i wanted to run the game I said yes and it worked...I am now play Z. I have some small problems now. Its alil slow and the game is in a window that i cant make full screen or even bigger...plz help now im so close to enjoying my game

another problem. I think i found a way to make it go faster. my cycles is on 3000, Im changing it to 11066. I quit z and tried to come back to it...i cant seem to...so do I have to keep reinstalling to play z or wht could i be doing wrong

nvm. got the cycles running at 11066 which i mite rises and I got the game to go fullscreen. the install thing i still dont know. But right now Im playing and enjoying my game thanks alot man
lil' T
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby lil' T » 2010-07-27, 21:14

Press Alt+Enter to toggle fullscreen mode. Set 'fullscreen' to 'true' in the configuration file, if you always want fullscreen when starting DOSBox.

Regarding the performance, use DOSBox 0.74. The performance has improved in the latest version, which 0.74 currently is. Also what are your hardware specifications, e.g. CPU, RAM, etc?

Then, there are a few tweaks in dosbox.cfg that might help speeding up the game:
[sdl] section:
Set 'output' to 'ddraw' (Windows only) or 'opengl'. That should help shaving off some load on the CPU.

[cpu] section:
Make sure 'core' and 'cycles' are both set to auto. DOSBox dynamically selects the optimal CPU cycle rate during game. If you are desperate to get the game to speed up, set 'cycles' to 'max'. This will cause DOSBox to take as much CPU power as it can get (slows down the rest of your system, recommended only with more than one core). A more general advice is to close all applications you don't need to.

I hope this helps you to improve the performance of the game. On a side node, if you find the control of DOSBox too complicated, I recommend you use a graphical frontend for it, such as DOSBox Game Launcher. It comes bundled with the latest DOSBox version, but requires Java. This frontend dramatically simplifies installing games and maintaining individual configurations.
[SHO] WishMeWell259
Psycho
Psycho

Postby [SHO] WishMeWell259 » 2010-07-29, 14:48

im happy with everything but i have to reinstall everything before playing. It doesnt affect my saved games so if i honestly have to keep installing everytime i want to play the game, I will. Just not doing it would save time