Hey there, someone still alive? (Questions inside)

Post any issues here having to do with playing, installating or configuration of the game.

Moderator: Brad

X_HuNTeR_X
Psycho
Psycho

Hey there, someone still alive? (Questions inside)

Post by X_HuNTeR_X » 2011-02-15, 03:09

Heya, people. Long time no see, ¿aren't we?

¿Remember that guy who was askin' for some Z95 Audio in Spanish? Right, that was me.

I ran away after getting the audio and I was happy and all then. For that, I apologize (anyway dunno if someone was sad about my lose XD). Well, on topic. Not too long ago I realized that I was unhappy with just the audio in Spanish, so I started to mess up with the files and so.

Finally I got one of my objectives: Movies in Spanish. Yeah, that wasn't really hard to do, just getting the Z (Dos version in Spanish), renaming the files (example: S_INTRO.JV ("S" from Spanish) onto E_INTRO.JV ("E" from English) then pasting it onto a ISO (named Z95VOLUME) and mounting it on a Virtual Drive... so the game could actually read them. I think it could do better just pasting all on the gamefolder, but dunno if I can make that the game read just the gamefolder files or not. (¿maybe someone knows?)

Well, well. So just one of my objectives. ¿But what's next? (maybe you ask). Yes, the real question here is:

- ¿How I can make the full UI in Spanish like MS-Dos version?

I think it couldn't be that hard if I made 2 of 3 most important things change right away without problems. ¿Any charitable who can really help me?

Oh, one "moar" thing. I just used "Antares" Patch in exchange for YoMommaNL Patch. It works great and so, but the little thingy is that when I'm in the main Z95 menu, some of the words and options are in "german" (I think). ¿Any way to fix this?

Wow, what a brick post. Sorry for the long read and I hope someone can help me. :cheers:

See ya!
X_HuNTeR_X
Psycho
Psycho

Re: Hey there, someone still alive? (Questions inside)

Post by X_HuNTeR_X » 2011-02-15, 10:01

I know I can't do double-post, but it's an urgency.

Was my fault not to "think twice" when I got the opportunity in hands. So I finally "discovered" (not the right word, but yeah) how to throw away Z95 from reading the cd-rom in search for "CUTS" folder rather than the gamefolder itself. Was kind of stupid not to look "regedit" before (and in fact I think is thanks to Antares Patch/Installer).

The thing is I though that some alternative could reside on the registration entries (¿why would I?) so I came there and ta-da, the Antares Patch/Installer made some registration entries there, and the good one was "CUTS", followed with a pointer directly onto the cd-rom unit. So I just "renamed" it and put the right direction on where is really located the "CUTS" folder. Pretty simple.

Ok, "lemme" put an example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bitmap Brothers\Z\v1.0\WinZPaths]
"Cuts"="J:"
Inside regedit, this is how it came from default.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bitmap Brothers\Z\v1.0\WinZPaths]
"Cuts"="C:\\Archivos de programa\\Bitmap Brothers\\Z"
¿See? Pretty easy.

So "nao" I got a pretty semi-perfect Spanish Z95 and it didn't even ask for CD's as it should. Hope this thing solves some questions (If someone has).

Onto the next part of my epic double-posting:

I was asking about some kind of UI translation and again I was too blind to see it. The mentioned UI is stored on SPRITES.EXP (file from Z95) file as, holy redundant, sprites. You know, since I could replace "AUDIO" & "CUTS" from Z DOS Ver. onto Z95 without problems, the biggest one problem resides there (¡Thanks, Jesus!... oh yeah, biggest irony too). The fact is, the stored UI translation in Z DOS Ver. is named SSPRITES.PAC (or .DAT, can't remember), so I just renamed it to SPRITES.EXP and just replacing the file (yeh, I hoped that this will work). Actually, the first thing I realized is that the file format wasn't the problem since just renaming it does the job and the size is really close too. The REAL problem I'm sure is the name sprite files inside the master-file, "coz" when I replaced it and started the game, everything went very well until I was inside a mission. ¡EVERY SPRITE GRAPHIC WAS ALEATORY!

So, now I'm here with nothing I can do. :empty:

¿Does someone know how I could manage the file so I could work in my "translation"? ¿Or just someone who really has the original SPRITES.EXP in Spanish (if ever was released a Z95 in oficial Spanish location)?

Well, I think I'm done for now.

¡Oh! And forget about the main menu "german" thingy. I searched on forums and most of people has it. lols

See ya!