Windows 7, z and/or z95 cd mounting/burned cd Problems

Post any issues here having to do with playing, installating or configuration of the game.

Moderator: Brad

Spitfire
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Windows 7, z and/or z95 cd mounting/burned cd Problems

Post by Spitfire » 2012-04-01, 14:57

Hi
I recently just thought of z and realised it was one of those games i absolutely loved back in the days, so i searched around the internet if there was any way to get it and found this site to be the best.
Ive tried most of the options to get Z to work but im having alot of trouble getting the CD mounting or burning of a cd to work properly, the game starts for me and the menu pops up but after i press new game it tell me i need to have the cd in the cd drive.

As said ive tried both mounting the ISO via daemon tools and via actually burning it and placing it in the drive.
I have a feeling the disk/daemontools does not regcognize the iso as an actual CD and rather sees it as an information drive (for example it does not autorun like a cd would)

I have also tried dosbox, but same problem there, i cant get it to properly recognize the cd.

If there is anyone who knows how to get past this problem, i would much appreciate it, i cant wait to play this old classic!

//Spitfire
FreakNigh
General
General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Windows 7, z and/or z95 cd mounting/burned cd Problems

Post by FreakNigh » 2012-04-26, 00:18

I'd recommend you find one of the threads about just downloading Z.

Also Kavcom has brought the game to many modern platforms such as the mac, iphone, ipad, and blackberry playbook.

And there is also the GPL open source remake called the Zod Engine (mainly for linux and windows but seen ported to many other platforms...).
Image Image