NEW! 4 new single maps (Z95) released!

Ideas, technology and contributions to Z modifications

Moderator: Brad

BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-10-27, 19:51

SpaceOne wrote:Thanks again. I can play now. But I have one question regarding sound and midi. In the game I have no sound at all at first. So I copy AUDIO directory from z95 cd to c:\z and now I have soldiers voices (like: What are you waiting for...) but I don't have midi music and sfx sounds (like shooting and exploding). Is any way to fix this?
It may well be that now (when the folder AUDIO is transferred) try to change options adjustments MIDI and AUDIO by the program SETSOUND.
SpaceOne wrote:And is it even possible to finish first level?? I mean, computer has small, medium and heavy tanks, and I have jeeps and no defense on port. Isn't a bit hard? :)
Yes, certainly. To win decisively it is possible. As a matter of fact that very likely! :)
The new maps were tested by some the players.
My results:
- level 1 (old Virgin Soldiers) = 5:27, Warlord
- level 2 (old Psychos Soldiers) = 9:05, Warlord
- level 3 (old Death Valley) = 13:45, Warlord
- level 12 (old Chilly Willy) = 18:45, General

Nobody to make a promise walkover… You one must to forge victory! :)
Thanks!
SpaceOne
Corporal
Corporal

Postby SpaceOne » 2006-10-27, 20:44

I guess i'm out of practice :mrgreen:

Oh, and those mods... you cannot play them with z95. Altough most of the files from z and z95 are the same, z-cool uses only those files from original z.
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-10-28, 01:34

SpaceOne wrote:Oh, and those mods... you cannot play them with z95. Altough most of the files from z and z95 are the same, z-cool uses only those files from original z.
You are right. An unfortunate misprint has arisen. Cause and effect - disparity in terminology.
Mod intend for Z. Patch to convert Z95 into Z. It may seem strange to you, but I thought, that numeral 95 designates year of release. :shock: Other terminology is habitual for me: Z1 (DOS4GW), Z add-on (Expansion Pack, WinZ), Z2 (Steel Soldiers). Parlamenter to clear up confusion, respect.

New single player mission create for Z.
I have new single map for Z95. But not in it mod. :)
SpaceOne
Corporal
Corporal

Postby SpaceOne » 2006-10-28, 12:44

Then tell me THE secret how to win in first level? I can get to howitzer, kill medium tank, but computer attacks me with tanks from left AND right, where I have no suitable defence (only jeep, and gatling) and that heavy tank has may units for breakfast. :?: For those who fisinhed this level :cheers:
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-10-29, 02:54

SpaceOne wrote:Then tell me THE secret how to win in first level? I can get to howitzer, kill medium tank, but computer attacks me with tanks from left AND right, where I have no suitable defence (only jeep, and gatling) and that heavy tank has may units for breakfast. :?: For those who fisinhed this level :cheers:
You compel to cause misery for me with my bad English language! :)
Oh-oh… OK :)
You play in chess? The chess fair game. Sometimes it is necessary to have paradoxical thinking in it. Chess and Z alike. It however is shown on a hard level. You need to find the decision of this task.
OK, solve the first task together.
1. At this point you should grasp:
- From the right of base - Jeep (be denoted rJ)
- at the left of base Jeep and Gatling (be denoted lJ&rG)
- in the centre Howitzer gunner (be denoted HG)
- The base makes Jeeps

2. At this juncture:
- Main attack! The ultimate aim will be capture of the Light Tank (LT). Come back rJ + 2 Grunts. Station rJ on a road opposite to a machine gun of Gatling. LT will please in a trap - cross-fire rJ and Gatling base. The driver will be killed. Either of the two Grunts (should be alive!!) will become the driver of the tank. LT, rJ (or new), 1 Grunt again move to the right. Grunt capture the flag. LT, rJ to exterminate the evil – Gatling blue. And at once move upwards.

- To this time the HG will be dead. But most likely will be in time to destroy the Medium Tank.

3. In the closing stages of LT, rJ quickly move to base of an enemy. rJ can grasp the right-top factory. On base of an enemy LT&rJ should approachtogether. They easily will destroy Gatlings. Нeavy has no time to rescue the base.
Victory!!! (Though almost all territory to this moment for us is lost.) :)

I give saves. See cardinal points. http://GeneralZod.narod.ru/file/save_mod.rar 45 kB

I was improved: level 1 (old Virgin Soldiers) = 3:17, Warlord ;)
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-11-18, 04:57

Hitherto nobody else has finished?! It's fishy a fact :(
What is the matter? It can be necessary to lower complexity?
The new levels will be soon ready. Let's check up them together. The volunteers-testers are necessary. Is there anybody here? I want by all to give pleasure (not only for me) ;)

Who can test new levels - leave the message here :cheers:
XStrategy
Major
Major

Postby XStrategy » 2006-11-18, 13:28

I have uploaded full Z-Cool with 4 new Hardcore maps included , developed by Ballwin!

New maps are already installed, so just start level 1 and you will have Suprise!

Game works on Win XP only

Download here
Z and only Z1
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-11-19, 13:03

Yes, it is a surprise :D Experimental single level. On a map not two opponents (red and blue), and three! :shock:

Respect ZOnline!!! :cheers:
Tanel K
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Tanel K » 2006-11-19, 19:29

All hail ZOnline :)
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-11-21, 14:37

Release new single lewel (beta).
Details here -- viewtopic.php?p=1496#1496
XIONG
Psycho
Psycho

Re: NEW! 4 new single maps (Z95) released!

Postby XIONG » 2008-06-02, 07:20

Luckily I saw the website, I wish all the people happy