Page 1 of 1
Who is who ?
Posted: 2007-04-20, 22:18
Here is The Credit Page of my Official Zed Manual :
Can be usefull to know who done what , and if need more information or some help (we still can dream , hey
) for my part i think most important if we do a remake of Zed is graphix , soundFX , Music and Voice , and some cool storyboard (like Brad & Allan ) that s all the ambiant including same game play of course .
Assuming my manual is english , german and french , we normally have difference in Voice credit (because translation). But seems there is no mention of the translator of french or german . Assuming all other is english language native , the name of french and german translator is missing .
If you find much information about these people/works that can be helpfull post it here .
Sound FX :
Joe de Man
Krisalis Software LTD
Windows 95 version
GT Interactive Software Europe LTD
Playtester & QA Team
Techno Tim Mawson
Alex Bush [/b]
Posted: 2007-04-20, 22:25
about Dan Malone , the graphic designer i find some info from Mobygame , here it is :
Dan Malone left Ipswich College in 1984. Initially he wanted to draw comic strips, but there was nothing doing. Malone continued working on role playing games such as Dungeons&Dragons and FIST whilst also pursuing a career in comics.
With a portfolio of drawings to show around he applied to an advert for Palace Software in 1985, which simply said '2000 AD style artist wanted - no previous experience with computers needed.
His first title was Cauldron for the Amstrad, Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum, and then Sacred Armour of Antiriad which he also produced a 16 page comic for.
Since then he has developed games (concept, visualization and in-game graphics) on all the premier platforms of the times - ranging from simple mobile content to full blown console games - clients include Commodore, Atari, SEGA, Nokia, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft, amongst others.
He is currently designing a prototype game to be developed on the PSP as a Concept Artist at Infinite Lives Ltd.
* 1985: Cauldron/Cauldron II - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - produced intro-screens, some sprite animation and background tiles.
* 1986: Sacred Armour of Antiriad - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - concept, design and all graphics. Also produced 16-page comic to accompany the game.
* 1987-1988: Superthief - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - concept, design and all graphics. Developed and produced teaser ad comic campaign - game unreleased.
* 1988-1989: Astounding Astral Adventures - Palace Software - Commodore Amiga 1200 - advanced and embellished existing backgrounds, produced intro and game management screens, character design and multiple sprite animation.
* 1989-1990: Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga & Amiga1200, Atari ST - co-design and all graphics
* 1990-1991: Cadaver/Cadaver: The Payoff - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga, Atari ST - produced all background tile sets, worked on sprites and animation
* 1991-1992: The Chaos Engine - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga & Amiga1200, Atari ST, PC, Sega MegaDrive, Nintendo SuperFamicon - co-design and all graphics
* 1993: Z - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga 1200, PC - character design and produced in-game animated sequences
* 1994-1995: The Chaos Engine 2 - The Bitmap Brothers - Sega MegaDrive - co-design and all graphics
* 1995-1996: Porsche Challenge: Sony Internal Development - PlayStation - design and storyboard, character design and 3D models, art direction.
* 1996-1998: Hoardes - System 3 - PC - design and storyboard, character design and lead game & art direction.
* 1999: The Storyteller - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
* 1999: Atari Funhouse - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
* 1999-2000: Stolen - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
* 1999-2000: Rebound - Ideaworks - Orange SPV - concept, design and all graphics
* 2000: Speedball 2100 - The Bitmap Brothers - PlayStation 2 - character and location designs
* 2000-2001: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Eurocom/Electronic Arts - Game Boy Advance - in-game graphics and animation
* 2002-2003: Burnt Out Cop - Infinite Lives - PlayStation 2, Xbox - conceptual visuals and story design
* 2003-2005: System Rush - Ideaworks3D - N-gage - co-concept, design and graphics
* 2005-...: Hong Kong Battle - SuperModified - Art installation - design and graphics
Posted: 2007-04-20, 22:33
Picture of the 3 Founders of Bitmap Brothers
Bitmap Brothers Team Photo :
From left to right : Eric Matthews, Mike Montgomery, Tom Watson, Sean Griffiths, Rob Treveillion, Richard Joseph, Steve Kelly. Assis: Dan Malone
Posted: 2007-04-20, 22:42
Here are the credits I found in a german version (collector?s edition^^):
Zus?tliches Spieldesign (Additional Gameplay
Martin F. Godber
Zus?tzlicher Programmcode(Additional program-
Zus?tliche Grafik(Additional Graphics):
Joe de Man
Rolf D. Busch
Oh and Eastwind, thanks for your commitment to the Z community
Posted: 2007-04-20, 22:58
Thank you for give the German translator voice (speakr ) It still miss french translator voice
Oh and Eastwind, thanks for your commitment to the Z community[/code]
Thank you for these word . I try to help as far as I can
Posted: 2007-05-31, 15:42
It's not just in German and French. The game also came in Spanish and Italian.