Discussions, requests and appeals to lay open the Z source code

Moderator: Brad

Eastwind
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New Open Source Zed Remake : where we came, where we go

Postby Eastwind » 2008-10-19, 23:01

Hi everybody

it s quite long time , I haven't post here , hehe :) , it s good to see you again .

It s quite good news , i have there :)

I think it s good time to review about the Zed open source subject

Some History :

After discovering the zed community , ( I remember the time where there was no forum , but only comment :) ) , sharing the same love of this fabulous game (and discovering that I m not alone loving it , but around the world , other person also think that Zed just missing the popularity that was taked by C&C ) , We would like to improve , and then some Windows Xp come in the market and let Windows 95/98 goto trash .

some voice begin to ask Bitmap Brothers thought zzone webmaster , a way for openning the source of Zed (they didn't sold it anymore , and it s a title with some years behind it as abandonware ) ,. The community zzone really love zed , and would like to play it everywhere , on every system , without the old technical restriction , even the community would like to improve it , make more map , make more world , make it even more greater , make new robot , introduce new point of view , introduce new Humor , yes , because the sens of humor is one Zed big advantage over other C&C like . A lot of idea was proposed , and Zod , Allan , Bart would become much more rich in their personnality . finally after few month of hope , the Bitmap Brothers didn't agree . Suddenly all hope seems to be gone ... Really ?

The technical difficult begin to rise , and step by step the world go to Windows Xp , letting other abandonware behind him ,
The Only game we need was still on windows 95 (and even in dos for thoses who get the dos version ) , hoppefully for dos version , the open source community have produced some usefull software espcially for abandonware , dosbox , and we can still play it .
But the Windows is in some way better , and have more map (extention ) that s a real advantage , (and also the speed and the IA was improved ) .. How can we play Zed 95 under Windows xp was the question that everybody asked , of course everybody can dedicate another partition on his hard disk with Windows 95/98 , but one entire partition , entirely dedicate with Windows 95/98 only for playing one game , is really a waste of space .. Not sayd everytime the need to reboot the pc under Windows 95/98 , that s waste of time ...

Finally community produced a patch letting Zed 95 be played under Windows XP , even the multiplayer . The real bussiness can come back and the Multiplayer over Internet , just grow up , as the fun . But as the mulplayer still use ipx , an old LAN protocole , community was looking for the way to use it thought internet , after few month soome software named Hamachi was know , and the Muliplayer can be back , even on this Old buggy ipx . Hamachi was the patch , but we all fan of Zed are around the world , and really far away each other , The Hamachi wasn't really good about the speed of the network , even with good brandwith .

In the side of Zed dos version , some of community found the dosbox server Ipx tunneling , after a lot of test because of different version of Zed Dos between the community member, some solution was found , and the Dos Zed can also benefit of the advantage of multiplayer thought internet . Better , the Dosbox java server is an open source software , and it can also running on other modern system ( Linux, Os x .. ).

Finally where this long road lead us ? Some interresting thing , is that we can see from the first time the voice of open sourcing zed to today , there is always the will of freedom . The freedom to run Zed anywhere , on any system , and for any purpose , even all the technical difficult that was on the road , the love of zed and the will to improve was here . What about now ? with the increase of Windows Vista , it s a new challenge of incompatibility and technical difficult for the community ... It 's enough having to each time patch the game just because changing the system , how can zed fan community create the future of Zed if we even don't know what s inside ? We have even problem to use the game , it s enough to not be heard by editor , even if we are the first one to promote their product ...We must get back to root and then can create the brighter future for the game . I call that the Zed's problem , and it s enough of it (the one that is mapped here : http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... ed04ni.png)

What Now ?

Now we can ask what s the futur of Zed ? some people of community begin create a remake of Zed , there is different style and point of view of course . And for my part I still believe in the Zed 95 / Zed Dos stylish version , because all of these hours with this game , become a part of personnal history . But also we all played Zed under the Bitmap Brothers edition , and We all loved it , that s why we can reasonably think , it s a good way to follow . The second thing I would like to sayd is the road of zed and his community from past to now , lead much and much to openness , where we share our map , we share our games , we share our knowledge , our help , our sound (remember the different voice of different country : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=416 ) , and finally the dreaming of share any improvement we can make , included source code itself of game , clearly we need an Open Source Engine for running future Zed

Snowballz : the help from artic penguin

Enough of talking , after few search on internet I posted few month ago , some open source engine of real time strategy that I thought it can be used as a base of a futur Open source Zed : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=278
after few testing and few point of view , I think actually there is one open source engine that fit perfectly with this project : I nammed : SnowballZ . Yeah with a "Z" in the end of his name (this surely a sign that destinate him ;) ). Snowballz is a rts engine where an army of penguins (Tux ? ) fight each other by throwing snowballs . It's programmed in python and pygame language , use some of opengl technlogy and where the source is under GPL licence .The point of view of snowballz is a top - bottom view , not an isometric one . the main point where a lot of RTS open source engine fail is that they are isometric view (like C&C ) even the most advanced like netpanzer , but Zed isn't that point of view in his pixel art seeing the post where it s explained : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=280
The version 1.0 just released .

I replaced some the penguin in walk.png file with jeep and grunt graphic (thank to immo for ripping the sprite : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=389 ) . And it doesn't suprise me that was "perfectly" adjusted here is some screenshot as you can see some grunt inside jeep wanting killing some polar bear :)

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

I also made a video where I play the version 0.9.5 and the version 1.0 (if there is problem to watch , you can use vlc: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ - ogg video file ) -:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6NJAVPFL

if someone want to upload on youtube or some service like it will be welcome :)

what do you need ? :

snowballZ open source engine :

http://www.pygame.org/project/328/

http://joey101.net/snowballz/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/snowballz

http://osx.freshmeat.net/projects/snowballz/

you can either take the version 0.9.5 (eayser to use and with music ) or the version 1.0

for the version 1.0 what you need is python 2.5 , numpy (package python-numpy on ubuntu and debian ) , rabbyt : http://matthewmarshall.org/projects/rabbyt/ ( I used mercurial to download it (apt-get install mercurial , then : hg clone http://matthewmarshall.org/projects/rabbyt/hg.cgi rabbyt_dev ) , pyglet , pyrex , iniparse (all is on google code ) , python setuptools ,

for the version 0.9.5 you need python 2.5 , numpy , rabbyt , I think thats all .

I tested on Ubuntu 7 (work with debian too and all debian derivative linux )should work on any system where there is python and other python library it mean normally at least windows , mac and linux but I only tested on GNU/Linux Ubuntu and Debian

I didn't test on Windows xp (as I haven't) but should work as it s a python based engine (thats well know for his multi OS language )

Here is also the file I used for replace the penguin with the jeep inside data folder of game . the xcf is gimp source file .

The Future is Open

That s just the beginning of the open source zed , but we get the most important piece of software from open source community (one more time:) , now it need to be adpated for fitting really with what we love .

There is a tuto for making your own map (gimp used : http://www.gimp.org/ ) :
http://joey101.net/snowballz/how-to-make-maps-video/

The engine still need a lot of improvement itself , the developpement page (http://joey101.net/snowballz/development/ ) sayd :
Small easy stuff

* Tower throw position - When you play the game you will notice that towers throw snowballs from their base. The starting position needs to be moved up to the start at the top of the tower and have the correct throw curve. [see lib/building.py]
* Hold position behavior - When you tell a group of penguins to go somewhere they will have an area they need to keep within so they don't stray too far. Well, when they first go there they need to spread out so they don't block each other up. [see lib/brain.py; the class HoldPosition]

Content stuff

* Maps - You will need to see current maps to figure out how to make your own. But there is a nice map editor for you once you get all your files setup correctly.
* Objects - Maps can define their own objects by just putting the images in a special folder in your map. Well, each map can have about 250 unique types of objects (with up to 255 variations on each object). It will automatically show up in the map editor for all your placing fun. [This feature isn't fully implemented. You can still create the objects but you just have to place them in the data directory]

Hard, challenging, FUN stuff.

* Path finding - If you like this stuff good luck. [lib/pathfinding.py]
* Player AI - This is an essential part of a complete game. There needs to be an AI to control enemy players. It's a hard task but it doesn't have to be overly complex to be fun to play against. [lib/playerai.py]

But of course, you are free to implement anything. Although I would recommend consulting me (joey at thisdomain) before implementing features. I will still control the main repository, this site and the direction of this project. I'd hate for you to implement something that I don't think would follow the style of SnowballZ.

Further development

Of course, there are a whole lot of other things to do such as plugins, more scripting features, map distribution system etc. I'll probably end up doing the aforementioned things but if you are wanting to get deeper into the development of snowballz let me know and I'll help you get going.

If you have any questions what so ever do not hesitate to ask!

We are at the beginning stage , and a lot still need improvement , I m sure our community will as it was in the past , improve the best game ever in all time : Zed ,
the road is long , but the way is open :cheers:

:?: What do yout think member of community ? :?:
ps : I submited an email to inform the author about this topic , and our interest for snowballz . Waiting for reply :)
Attachments
walk.XCF.gz
(107.56 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
walk.png
walk.png (38.04 KiB) Viewed 9136 times
BallWin
Major
Major

Re: New Open Source Zed Remake : where we came, where we go

Postby BallWin » 2008-10-20, 18:03

Good work, Eastwind :cheers:

Main issue: What wants to receive community - old Z or new game?

The old Z still can be considerably improved. Now we can use a game in XP. We can make new single levels. We can create even completely new planets, not only Desert, Volcanic, Arctic, Jungle and City...

Our opportunities are limited only by weakness ZEditor:
- It is impossible to change the sizes of a window
- It is impossible to draw a border of a card manually (waterfalls, gorge in rocks etc.). Each time a framework is generated automatically
- All types of alternative surfaces for a card are not used (the sole variant is accessible only)
- It is impossible to apply different variants of a covering of roads
- It is impossible to use decorative elements with animation (for example, water-lilys)
Etc.

It can be corrected only in the new modern editor. I make a new editor ZMap because has understood the format of a files .MAP (something nevertheless is not clear).
Each planet has 2 files with textures:
-- DESERT.LBM and DESERT2.LBM (for DESERT planet)
-- VOLCAN.LBM and VOLCAN2.LBM (for VOLCAN)
-- ARTIC.LBM and ARTIC2.LBM (for ARCTIC, it is amusing, that the developers have a grammatic mistake)
Etc.
Example:
-- ImageJUNGLE.LBM
-- ImageJUNGLE2.LBM

Everyone texture is divided into 240 equal parts:
-- Image source (the true size)
-- ImageParticles
-- ImageTable of numbers for each particle

The file MAP contains a sequence of numbers of these parts (and some additional information). The game draws each parts on the screen under the order.
ZMAP already is able to do it. But yet can not load "rocks".
Example: image level01 map.

I spread a code of processing MAP of a file in an easy approach (Open Source works! :cheers: ).

The new game is necessary to us? Or it is better to alter old good game?
=======================================================
Rather new graphic engine

2D graphic engine it's not problem. Is present a lot of free 2D-engines.
It is easier to write the new engine. You receive necessary quality and all necessary functions. The engine from others of the developers can not guarantee to you it.
Zen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Zen » 2008-10-22, 18:36

This text is great! I do not have time at the moment to focus on that stuff but I will come back to it in a few days. Cheers :cheers:

Why don't we try to contact the bros another time? I mean open source became much more attractive throughout the last years and many publishing groups started at least to give away their classic games for free. Just mention GTA1 & 2 by Rockstar

http://www.pcgames.de/aid,662825/Spezia ... _Download/
(German but you can see what it is about)

Thanks,
Zen
Jabber: zen at jabber.ccc.de (no email!)
Eastwind
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eastwind » 2008-10-29, 12:07

@Zen

Thankx , Zen , I sure know you will back when time come :cheers:
I m not sure that Bitmap Brothers would like to realease the source . As it still not want release as abandonware .
Even if Bitmap Brothers release it as abandonware , that s not include source code , neither the right to use , modify theses sources codes . We still depend of the willingness of BB . The Community still didn"t have the freedom to chose the future of Zed , or even it's present . Theses problems still remain . I think we need new way for liberate of old problem , I talk about it on Ballwin post below :

@Ballwin

Thanks Ballwin , but I didn't do much in fact :) You seems have done much more work on Zed .
Main issue: What wants to receive community - old Z or new game?
The main issue is" We don't have any old Zed original source code " . As we don't have it , using a new source code become an answer to this question. Also if we need to use a new engine , better prevent the rising of same past problem, where old Z engine struggle. Open Source engine prevent at least three of them for Zed future :

1. The historic one ::

From the past to now the community is the best supporter of the game (who still know zed ? who is make it living really ? who is playing ? who is patching it ...) , Why Z community can't have Freedom to decide the future of Zed ? , or at least of Zed remake ?. . Having the source code is the key toward this freedom.

2. The technical purpose :
Why can't everyone have access to the game , regardless to their Systems ? (Windows xp , Vista , Linux Mac or whatever ..) . Is there a real reason for " ban " other system ? I don't think there is one , thus just like the World Wide Web (: http protocole) : Source code is the first step toward an universal access

3. The support purpose :
If there is a Zed open source remake , our community will benefit also from the large scale support of open source and freedom software (FOSS) support . That is wilder than Zed community itself . In a word , Z community will be extended largely (just like Wikipedia , Battle for Wesnoth game -http://www.wesnoth.org/- , GNU/Linux ,Ubuntu , Firefox , Openoffice ... ) . We will get much people to know it , and so much people to play it , and to make new extention like map , robots , voice , skins , features etc ...just like Firefox and all of his thousand of addons / plugins that was create by open source community . Source code is finally the way to extend our community , in quality and quantity

About the editor , there is an editor inside snowballz , just a beginning ,it need to be improved too., but it s a good start :)
Actually , when I test it there is some bug , see below :

About SnowballZ

I also receivd the email from Joey (author of snowballZ engine ), and it seems enthouisastic and willing to help us :D here is what he sayd :
Hi,

I hope it work out for you with using it!

But I would strongly recommend you not working off of the 0.9.x code.
The 1.0 is done much better (it's actually a complete rewrite) and is
much easier to get running on windows (It isn't possible to get the
0.9.x code to package in windows without hacking it due to using the
pyOpenGL library). 1.0 also uses pyglet _instead_ of pygame. pyglet is
a pure python window library and has a simple opengl wrapper that is
used some. So that is also easier to deal with on multiple platforms.

Also, for installing rabbyt, you shouldn't need to compile it yourself
(unless you are on a 64 bit system); you can just use `easy_install
rabbyt`

The 1.0 code has a real map editor too (so you don't have to use
gimp). Even if it is rather unfinished :)

If it goes anywhere don't hesitate to ask questions about the code.

~Joey

I try to use the map editor , but seems some problems , so I send back email
Thank you for reply me , I updated the post on our Z forum about your email . I also try to use the map editor but it give me this message :

Code: Select all

me@robby:~/zion/snowballz 1.0.$ python map_editor.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "map_editor.py", line 523, in <module>
    g.setup(mapname)
  File "/home/me/zion/snowballz/lib/game.py", line 64, in setup
  File "map_editor.py", line 479, in load_map
    self.map = Map.load(mapname, self)
  File "/home/me/zion/snowballz/lib/map.py", line 51, in load
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data/maps/crystalcrisis/settings.ini'
I have verify the files inside the path and seems ok :

Code: Select all

pwd
/home/me/zion/snowballz 1.0./data/maps/crystalcrises

me@robby:~/zion/snowballz 1.0./data/maps/crystalcrises$ ls
buildings.txt        land_types.png    script.sbs              terrain.png
dynamic_objects.txt  paths.txt         settings.ini
icon.png             script_areas.txt  static_map_objects.png
what can I do ?
Waiting for reply :roll:

:arrow: Update :

Joey 's just send me his reply about the editor :
Hmm, that is very strange. It does it for me too :P

Until I get it figured out you can edit the other maps:

python map_editor.py td1
python map_editor.py world1
Here is what it look like :

ImageImage

Of course the graphic still need be tuned by Zed graphic

:?: What do yout think member of community about all of theses ? It 's an open project , all advices is welcome :?:
ufff
Psycho
Psycho

Postby ufff » 2009-01-02, 17:36

I think, what Zed clone would be playable without original sprites, or special 3d graphics at all. Only pure 2d!!! Nice proof that idea in a game is more important than graphics in the game: http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp :D
ufff
Psycho
Psycho

Postby ufff » 2009-07-07, 09:27

Has somebody already tried to implemenet the Z pathfinding algorithm?
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Postby Meeky » 2009-07-12, 12:24

ufff wrote:I think, what Zed clone would be playable without original sprites, or special 3d graphics at all. Only pure 2d!!! Nice proof that idea in a game is more important than graphics in the game: http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp :D
Why should we refuse from original Z-look, when all the sprites are readily available?
ufff wrote:Has somebody already tried to implemenet the Z pathfinding algorithm?
Do you think they invented something special? As simple as A* algorithm in my opinion would be enough. You can read about it in the book AI Game Programming Wisdom by Steve Rabin
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine
ufff
Psycho
Psycho

Postby ufff » 2009-07-18, 09:00

Meeky wrote:
ufff wrote:I think, what Zed clone would be playable without original sprites, or special 3d graphics at all. Only pure 2d!!! Nice proof that idea in a game is more important than graphics in the game: http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp :D
Why should we refuse from original Z-look, when all the sprites are readily available?
Those sprites are not free. I also see that we don't have any Z clone for a long time! I wanted to point that graphics is not so important. The most important things are game algorithms. We have not seen any of them here... no progress.
Meeky wrote:
ufff wrote:Has somebody already tried to implemenet the Z pathfinding algorithm?
Do you think they invented something special? As simple as A* algorithm in my opinion would be enough. You can read about it in the book AI Game Programming Wisdom by Steve Rabin
Yes, you are right. The base of Zed pathfinding algorithm is A* (seems so).. but.... just try to reimplement the original algorithm and you will see some troubles:-)
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Postby Meeky » 2009-07-18, 11:21

ufff wrote:Those sprites are not free.
I don't care for two reasons:
  • 1. I want an exact clone - the same graphics, music, gfx effects, maps, etc... for developing all of that from ground zero is too much for me - I am only a programmer. Otherwise, without all of that stuff the game will hardly gain more popularity.
  • 2. I'm NOT intending to sell it - it will be an open source game.
ufff wrote:I also see that we don't have any Z clone for a long time! I wanted to point that graphics is not so important. The most important things are game algorithms. We have not seen any of them here... no progress.
The BB team wrote the game for several years, so do not expect that single person can achieve comparable results much faster, even if already equipped with all nessesary game assets.
ufff wrote:Yes, you are right. The base of Zed pathfinding algorithm is A* (seems so).. but.... just try to reimplement the original algorithm and you will see some troubles:-)
Well, so far I still scrutinize WinZ.exe internals, but I havn't plans to go that deep - there are tons of code and I did not wish to get lost there, so the ability to extract from the game all that I need will suffice for me. Nonetheless the knowledge of WinZ internals already allows to make significant changes to the game and produce useful mods.
Can you tell me more about snags you ran into?
ufff
Psycho
Psycho

Postby ufff » 2009-07-19, 13:30

Meeky wrote:...
(I found Russia in you profile, so I continue in Russian)

???????? ?????????? ?????????? ????. ?? ? ??????, ?????? ? ??? ?????? ????????: ??? ?????????? ??????????? ??? ???????? "????" ????????????? ????????? ? ??????? ????? "????????". ???? ?????????? ???? ?? ???????????? ???? ?????? ?? ???????????.

??? ? ????: ????? ??????????? ? ?????????? ???????? ??? ????????? ???? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ? ?????????? ? ?????? ?? ??????????. ?????? ? ??????????? ???? - ???????????? ???? ?? ????????????? ?? ??????? ?????? (??? ??????? ????? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ??????? ???, ?? ??? ?? ???? ????????).

??????, ?? ??????? ? ????, ????????, ? ??????? Fre?craft ???? ???????? ? Blizzards ? ?? ???? ????????? (?????? ?????????? wiki).
??? ???? ?? ???????, ??, ??? ? SF ? Google.code ??????? ????? ????????????? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ?????????? ?? ????? ??????????.

??? ???????? ?????? ????: ? ?????? ?? ?????????? ? "?????????? ???????????" Zed. ?????????? ?????? ????????? ??????, ????????? ??????? ? ????.
??? ?????: ???????????? A* ? ??????? ???? ? 4 ?????????? (????????), ?.?. ?? ????????? ?????? ?? ?????..... ?????? ????? ? ????????? ??????? ????????? ? ??????? ??????. ???? "???????????" ???? ?? ?????? - ??? ?????? ???? ???????? ? ???? (?????? ? ????? ????????). ????? ???????? ????????? ???????????, ????????, ??? ???????? ????? - ????? - ?????. ??? ???????? ?????? - ?????? ????????? ?? ?????????.
??, ???? ????????? ??????? ??? ?????? ????? ????????, ??? ??? ???????? ???: ?????? ??????? ??????????? ?? ?? ?????? (?????-????-?????), ? ?? ?????????.. ???? ????? ??????? ??? ????? ??????????. ??? ?????? ??? ????????? ??????, ?? ????? ?????????? ? ?????????? ??????? ?????.

?? ?? ? ?????? ??????? ??????? ?????? ??? ??? ? ????? ??? ??????? ???? (??????, ????? ?? ??? ??????????) ? ?????? ?????. ???? ???-?????? ????
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Postby Meeky » 2009-07-19, 15:15

ufff wrote:???????? ?????????? ?????????? ????. ?? ? ??????, ?????? ? ??? ?????? ????????: ??? ?????????? ??????????? ??? ???????? "????" ????????????? ????????? ? ??????? ????? "????????". ???? ?????????? ???? ?? ???????????? ???? ?????? ?? ???????????.
???, ???? - ??? ???????? ??????? ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????. ????????????? ?? ???? ????? ???????? ??????????? ? ??????? ?????? ? ?????? ???????? ???????, ???????? ?????? ?????, ??????? ?????? ????? ????? ????????? ? ?????? ??????? - ????????? ???????, AI, ?????????? ????? ??????...
ufff wrote: ??? ? ????: ????? ??????????? ? ?????????? ???????? ??? ????????? ???? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??????? ? ?????????? ? ?????? ?? ??????????. ?????? ? ??????????? ???? - ???????????? ???? ?? ????????????? ?? ??????? ?????? (??? ??????? ????? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ??????? ???, ?? ??? ?? ???? ????????).??????, ?? ??????? ? ????, ????????, ? ??????? Fre?craft ???? ???????? ? Blizzards ? ?? ???? ????????? (?????? ?????????? wiki). ??? ???? ?? ???????, ??, ??? ? SF ? Google.code ??????? ????? ????????????? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ?????????? ?? ????? ??????????.
? FreeCraft ? ?????, ?? ??? ?? ?????? ??? ?????? - Bitmap Brothers ??? ????????? ??? ?????? ?? ???????? ?? ?? ????? ?????? - ?? ? ??????????? ???????, ??????? ????????? ??? ????????? ????????????? ????????? ????... ??????? ??????????? ? ?????? ???????? ? ?????? ????????.
ufff wrote: ??? ???????? ?????? ????: ? ?????? ?? ?????????? ? "?????????? ???????????" Zed. ?????????? ?????? ????????? ??????, ????????? ??????? ? ????. ??? ?????: ???????????? A* ? ??????? ???? ? 4 ?????????? (????????), ?.?. ?? ????????? ?????? ?? ?????..... ?????? ????? ? ????????? ??????? ????????? ? ??????? ??????. ???? "???????????" ???? ?? ?????? - ??? ?????? ???? ???????? ? ???? (?????? ? ????? ????????). ????? ???????? ????????? ???????????, ????????, ??? ???????? ????? - ????? - ?????. ??? ???????? ?????? - ?????? ????????? ?? ?????????. ??, ???? ????????? ??????? ??? ?????? ????? ????????, ??? ??? ???????? ???: ?????? ??????? ??????????? ?? ?? ?????? (?????-????-?????), ? ?? ?????????.. ???? ????? ??????? ??? ????? ??????????. ??? ?????? ??? ????????? ??????, ?? ????? ?????????? ? ?????????? ??????? ?????.
??? ??? ????? ?????????, ?? ???? ??? "?????????" ??? ?????? - ??? ???? ????????? ????...
???? ??? ?????????? ?????????? ?????? DEngine ?? XNA (C#) ? ??????? Factions ? ?????????? ???? ? ???:

??????, ?? ??????? ?? ??????????? :roll:
ufff wrote: ?? ?? ? ?????? ??????? ??????? ?????? ??? ??? ? ????? ??? ??????? ???? (??????, ????? ?? ??? ??????????) ? ?????? ?????. ???? ???-?????? ????
?? ? BallWin'?? ???? ???????????? ?? ????? ????. ??? ??????? ? ??? ????? ?? ????????? ?????? ???? ?????. ? ? Ballwin'? ???? ?????? ????????? ???? ZMap, ??????? ?? ?????? ?????? ????? ????????? ??? ???? ???? (? ??? ????? ????????? ? ZEditor) ? ?????????? ??????????? ????? ? ????? ??????? ?????????.
?????? ?? ?? ?????????? ?????? ??? ???? ??????????? ? ??????? ???? ??????? ??? ??? ????? :cheers:
? ???????, ??????? ????? ???????? ????????? ? bitmap ?? DirectDrawSurface ?? ?????????? ?? ? ???????? sprites.exp, ?? ? ????????.
KISSMAD
General
General

Postby KISSMAD » 2009-07-20, 02:47

ufff and Meeky
Can you please post in English so everyone can read your posts.
Thanks
:)
ufff
Psycho
Psycho

Postby ufff » 2009-07-20, 22:27

Sorry

[offtopic]
Ok. Let's continue to be silent in English :D
[/offtopic]
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2009-09-24, 14:20

Meeky wrote:
ufff wrote:?? ? BallWin'?? ???? ???????????? ?? ????? ????. ??? ??????? ? ??? ????? ?? ????????? ?????? ???? ?????. ? ? Ballwin'? ???? ?????? ????????? ???? ZMap, ??????? ?? ?????? ?????? ????? ????????? ??? ???? ???? (? ??? ????? ????????? ? ZEditor) ? ?????????? ??????????? ????? ? ????? ??????? ?????????.
?????? ?? ?? ?????????? ?????? ??? ???? ??????????? ? ??????? ???? ??????? ??? ??? ????? :cheers:
That's true. A Zmap is able to load any levels Z/Z95 all versions, you can view the properties of the area for AI, you can use the new textures for new planets. Details, screenshots can be found in this topic.
Project Files ZMap (with commentary in Russian) can be downloaded here. Ibid under discussion in Russian.
To prepare a draft for the English language, we need some time (help will be very useful). Sorry :(