Ya a lot of the strategy is in the map.
Image Image
FreakNigh
General
General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: The Zod Engine

Post by FreakNigh » 2010-01-28, 05:33

Here are all the vehicles... The crane is placeable however I am not going to work on it until after the game is playable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaW97mhHGgo
Image Image
Arriga
Sniper
Sniper

Post by Arriga » 2010-01-28, 13:56

Great work mate! Looking forward to see robots next time :cheers:
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2010-01-31, 05:04

Okay well the robots are now in, I will try to make a windows compile of the map editor so you can mess around with it. Now time to make the engine :f :f :f :shake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-QdCkTJ1E
Image Image
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2010-02-01, 00:50

Here is the windows compile of the map editor.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zod/fi ... p/download
Image Image
goblin
Pyro
Pyro

Post by goblin » 2010-02-02, 05:52

looking good

messed around with the editor during my lunch break today.

The option to select multiple tiles at once for placement would be nice. Not sure how much work that would be to implement though.

keep up the good work
Eastwind
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Eastwind » 2010-02-02, 17:40

Is it possible to compile it also for GNU/Linux ? : :cheers: . I would like to test it too :)
ZloveZ
Pyro
Pyro

Post by ZloveZ » 2010-02-02, 18:00

Just so you guys know, a lot of people I have talked to are pumped about this open source project! Can't wait to play it! I hope it is very close to the original! The further you guys work on it the more people will get excited!

(just being a cheerleader!) :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :idiot: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
buman
Major
Major

Post by buman » 2010-02-02, 23:54

ZloveZ wrote:Just so you guys know, a lot of people I have talked to are pumped about this open source project! Can't wait to play it! I hope it is very close to the original! The further you guys work on it the more people will get excited!
Same here. I also know people who are excited about this project getting finished, it'll make life so much better^^ Am I allowed to refer to this project in some Z videos i will upload on youtube?

Good work, you better keep it up ;)
ZloveZ
Pyro
Pyro

Post by ZloveZ » 2010-02-03, 04:20

Will you guys be able to set the Territory balance? (More territories you have the faster the production goes.) Which is a key aspect to game strategy. Would love to know! :shake: :shake:
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2010-02-03, 06:19

Wow thanks! Ya it's moving along pretty quick, I just finished the TCP and event handler which are by far the best TCP / Event handlers I've ever written. The bot / player / server are all connecting to each other and sending clean events to each other over TCP, once I get the map being sent to the player / bot then I can begin rendering and it's not far after that until we can begin playing.

Some features that are looking to be in the game are coop (multiple players per team) to let up to 16 players be in one game all helping control a team (which could be 4 people per team, or 15 players to one team vs one bot team - your choice). Or just the normal 1v1, 4 player free for all, etc. The maps will not have size or territory limits, and zones will not have to be "back to back" anymore, as you can see in some of the vids of the map editor, zones can be placed anywhere.
Will you guys be able to set the Territory balance? (More territories you have the faster the production goes.) Which is a key aspect to game strategy. Would love to know!
Yup! The more territories a team owns the faster it will produce :D
Am I allowed to refer to this project in some Z videos i will upload on youtube?
Hell ya!
Is it possible to compile it also for GNU/Linux ? : :cheers: . I would like to test it too :)
Eastwind, I develop this on gentoo linux then port it to windows ;p for now you'll have to just compile it, if you need help doing that let me know.
The option to select multiple tiles at once for placement would be nice. Not sure how much work that would be to implement though.
Ya we'll make the map editor a lot easier to use further down the road. Thanks :D
Image Image
Eastwind
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Eastwind » 2010-02-03, 17:29

Eastwind, I develop this on gentoo linux then port it to windows ;p for now you'll have to just compile it, if you need help doing that let me know.
I usually use Debian or Debian derivative Distro , now use ubuntu jaunty , and dreamlinux , I never used gentoo (altought I appreciate it's portage compiling philosophy :)) , how can I compile the source ? which tools (autotools ? ) and dependency is needed ? thankx :)

:)
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2010-02-04, 02:46

if you have sdl, sdl_image, and sdl_ttf installed all you should need to do is type make in the zod src folder.
Image Image
ZloveZ
Pyro
Pyro

Post by ZloveZ » 2010-02-04, 07:28

Is there an ETA for a playable version?

What can a non-programmer do to help the cause?
Meeky
Captain
Captain

Post by Meeky » 2010-02-04, 07:41

FreakNigh
Wow, you're amazingly fast. I wish I had the same energy and spare time :)
It's nice to see that this forum becomes alive again, so keep it up, buddy!
By the way, your windows executable won't start, even with administrative rights...
WinZMod - mod for playing Z with high screen resolution
ZEdMod - ZEditor mod allowing to edit single player levels
ZGFX - Utility for extracting Z graphic
ZStats - Small utility for fine-tuning unit statistics
Z-Remake - XNA project on 2D IceCream Engine