Major

Re: The Zod Engine

Postby BallWin » 2010-05-04, 14:31

FreakNigh wrote: Rocks are definitely a tricky kind of object. :lazy:
Here is rock placement working...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5yeYfKpELE
Excellent! :cheers:
This works only for the Desert?
Hell begin - to works rocs for the Vulcan and the Arctic. They want to generate internal surfaces. Otherwise obtained a view "chessboard" :(
FreakNigh
General
General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-05-04, 16:16

*quickly takes a look at volcanic and arctic before going to work already late* Hmm ya they are a tiny bit more complex, but yes the system I've designed would work for them too. As it is now it would only allow for one "inner top type" where as the volcanic / arctic have a few different kinds of inner top types, but it would be no problem to add in some more render rules and just have it so for like the desert it just uses the same inner top type for all the different kinds of conditions. Thanks for tip!! :D Also do you think you can help me understand the original Z structure for storing rock information so that I can put it in the map converter? Thanks!!
Image Image
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-05-05, 00:01

At work today I didn't have anything to do so i programmed the base pathfinding code for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS_H-zp-GxQ

I may still hold out a little while to install it in the game though because there are a lot of issues that will come up when it is installed and I do not want to address them yet. But on the other side I am running out of things of this magnitude to do =)
Image Image
Pestario
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Pestario » 2010-05-05, 05:49

Finally path finding one of the main things that would make the game actually playable. plotting waypoints of 70 units would take minutes and in Z milliseconds can make the difference between winning and losing (getting a flag just before the building finishes a heavy tank). I must say I love that little path finding app its neat :D and I think you should install it now and avoid even more problems later. you can build the other parts around the path finding instead of rebuilding and debugging the other parts later to install the path finding.
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-05-05, 22:14

The amount of time it may take to compute a path is one of the problems I don't want to address quite yet. Another problem is the tanks need a slightly different algorithm because they take up more map space. However this all needs finished soon either way so.
Image Image
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2010-05-06, 08:16

FreakNigh wrote: Also do you think you can help me understand the original Z structure for storing rock information so that I can put it in the map converter? Thanks!!
I have made my own variant of a random generation and rules of construction of external borders (they not the most optimum). Possibly original code can look Meeky... I will transfer it this message :cheers:
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-05-06, 13:59

I just need to understand the rock locations, I've already got rendering done.
Image Image
Ajbizzal87
Psycho
Psycho

Postby Ajbizzal87 » 2010-05-06, 14:08

Imagine what z world domination would be like for some inspiration :D there would be maps that are controlled and maps in the middle that are being fort over as territories. Visualise taking it in turns to click a white territory and play the map that represents it, the winner of that map would take that territory as their color and the looser would have to fall back, and fight over a white territory that was originally theirs if they want to, or try a different way. Like front lines if u will being pushed back and seeing it from space. Im sure if a
"world domination z" was released with the original units, lots of colours to play as, original style maps that represent places on a continental scale to fight over, it would be awsome. I know i would pay to play that, and it would be so much fun too :cheers: keep going at it all
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-05-06, 16:28

If I did something like this I might charge a small one time fee for accounts.
Image Image
Ajbizzal87
Psycho
Psycho

Postby Ajbizzal87 » 2010-05-06, 16:36

Think the ps3 store, not sure what they call it in usa :shake:
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-05-07, 03:12

Here are rocks, I'm sorry I was also going to post a new release with this update but too many people started calling me at once so I'll do it tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3FlfUOeis
Image Image
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2010-05-07, 14:11

awesome, dude, i will play the release even despite the fact that i just got an sc2 beta key (awh yeah, guess who's just checking out the editor to see how he can create a z-style mod^^- but thats another story). go freaknigh
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-05-07, 23:36

I have yet again an entire weekend to work on this and I realized I'm not getting many choices for things to do anymore =). I am going to do grenades but not sure what other major thing, maybe animals or getting the other map tile sets fully operational.
Image Image
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2010-05-07, 23:41

well the pathfinding thing was actually the last thing that came to my mind... but you said you didnt wanna integrate that yet. is the hud fully operational and done?
how about the sector-production-speed-dependence and stuff?
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-05-08, 00:40

There is still hud minimap and that sector thing to do to. Ya there is still lots to do just running low on the bigger significant stuff.

You should stick around until I get this latest release uploaded, me and greenman are about to play.
Image Image