Can't wait!!! :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Things are looking good!
FreakNigh
General
General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: The Zod Engine

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-03-09, 06:23

Thanks :D Ya I don't know about the music, it sounds weird but it might be right. It's the desert music and I don't think too many of us spent much time there :P . I just stuck the hover names for all of the units in and it looks like I am moving forward towards units attacking each other. This will probably be the order of additions...

Damage radius effect
Health bars over units and in the hud
The attack waypoint functioning correctly
Damage and then death working
Attack effects

But none of this is possible without meeky so (who in 2-21-10 was about 2 weeks ahead of the zod engine today with z remake) :cheers:
Image Image
Aruze
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Aruze » 2010-03-09, 20:30

How the Hell can i play Z-95 (Z Expansion XP 1.7 WinZmod) Online Without using Hamachi?
Hamachi has No People who are looking to Play and They ALL LAGG!!!!!!!!!

PLZZ HELP !!!
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2010-03-09, 22:51

Aruze wrote:How the Hell can i play Z-95 (Z Expansion XP 1.7 WinZmod) Online Without using Hamachi?
Hamachi has No People who are looking to Play and They ALL LAGG!!!!!!!!!

PLZZ HELP !!!
Don't know, go to the right section and look for an answer there or create a thread if you don't find anything, at least it does not seem to fit in this topic.
FreakNigh wrote: [...] and it looks like I am moving forward towards units attacking each other.
I'm gonna shit my red metal pants when I see that (I'm a red robot, get it? ~.~)
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-03-10, 06:28

Ah well here is the attack radiuses installed -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYXFFRLQzfg
Image Image
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2010-03-10, 15:48

it'd be nice if there was an option or a hotkey to enable/disable the radius dots cause they can be distracting at times, depending on the number of units you have selected and stuff
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-03-12, 03:55

Ya I was thinking about some sort of option like that then i thought, why not only render the collective border which is what i just put in. Also units now have health :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e0rm3CUaJw
Image Image
ZloveZ
Pyro
Pyro

Postby ZloveZ » 2010-03-12, 05:29

Do we have an ETA for a semi finished product? Because these videos are so tantalizing! Your doing some amazing work! :cheers:
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-03-12, 07:25

It's kind of hard to say, technically so long as you can kill off enemy units then it is possible to end a game in victory or defeat. I think killing other units is somewhere inbetween the week and half to 4 week range. Killing units and building production are I believe the last key elements that need done, but really a good chunk more needs to be done too before it begins feeling like Z when you play it. I think in maybe 2 months your going to be having fun playing around with this, and in maybe 3 or 4 it will be in more of a beta stage (almost everything completed), and 5 to 6 it will be more advanced then the original. It's kind of hard to make these judgments because I haven't thought out perfectly how I am going to do everything, I just have a good idea so that I am not doing anything to make it any harder to build once i get there :D

But I finally got a chance to play Z with 1024x768 or whatever with meeky's mod and I can tell you this, we will need opengl acceleration to get those frames per second at resolutions like that and higher.
Image Image
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2010-03-12, 17:41

I could imagine this may take like a year before it's done, but that doesn't really matter if the result is a game with an awesome gameplay and all that kinds of new possibilities. Many projects like this one died because both every developer and everyone in the community was impatient from the very first second on.

Oh: Have you thought about fog of war, it just came to my mind, but I'm relly not sure wether or not it would make sense...
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-03-13, 01:42

Well I dont know about a year, we might still be developing it in a year but it should be long past finished by then. And ya I think having the option for fog of war will have to happen, but i'm not sure how often it will be used.
Image Image
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-03-13, 08:10

Looks like the core elements of units attacking each other are going to get done a lot faster then I expected, the "long" part will be individualizing how each unit goes about attacking, and dieing. Also I got it so you can now capture empty vehicles and cannons. As you can see they can now chase each other and will wait to attack when their target is within range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWO5uwWXHl0
Image Image
goblin
Pyro
Pyro

Postby goblin » 2010-03-14, 03:45

While I'm hoping to help Meeky with his Open source Z project (when I'm less busy at work). I'd like to pledge $50 US to the Zod engine when it reaches or surpases the original in playability.

Keep up the good work. Really looking good.
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-03-15, 05:51

Thanks =)
Image Image
FreakNigh
General
General

Postby FreakNigh » 2010-03-18, 05:41

Been having a lot of other things I've needed to work on so haven't had much time to work on it but here is a tiny update...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRYaojhMUww
Image Image