Z Wiki Project

Comments, feedback and opinions about the ZZone website.

Moderator: Brad

lil' T
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Z Wiki Project

Post by lil' T » 2007-03-14, 15:49

Hey guys,

Every frickin' widely unknown software or game has it's own Wiki, so why not Z, too?

What would you think of a Z Wiki utilising the MediaWiki Engine, the same platform which is used by Wikipedia. This platform could contain anything ranging from articles relating to the game, walkthroughs, image gallerys, videos, downloads, tutorials, news etc. To reach a great user base, the Wiki can be concepted to support multiple languages. The benefits of a project like this are huge. Voluntary authors can write and edit articles in their corresponding language, this way it is guaranteed that articles and hyperlinks are kept up-to-date.

Please post your opinion and/or suggestions on this idea.

Greetz, lil' T :cheers:
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-03-15, 00:51

Z is not an extreme-depth game with a whole lotta "universe" to write about, but I definately support the idea.

I have lots of experience with the single player mode by now, so I can write walkthroughs and give all-round tips. I speak Dutch and English well (I learn it from a booook) so I can write in those languages. I think we should first set up an English wiki though, as a model for other languages.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
buman
Major
Major

Post by buman » 2007-03-15, 01:03

Just as lil?t i?m english and german speaking.
The idea isn?t that bad , but..."image galleries , videos , downloads , tutorials , news , walkthroughs.." i mean: did you ever look at the ZZone. All the things you mentioned are shown on the main page , so what information would you add in a wiki?

Edit: Oh, something new just came to my mind:
I could add ingamepictures of every unit and all german sounds.
Furthermore I could add discriptions of every Cutscene , ingame videos from multiplayer and each singleplayer level etc...
BallWin
Major
Major

Post by BallWin » 2007-03-15, 11:14

The material on game is already placed in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_(computer_game)
In Russian: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_(игра)

What for to repeat the information?
RavenTS
Major
Major

Post by RavenTS » 2007-03-19, 15:07

Yes, why repeat all the stuff. ZZone and Wikipedia are good sources, so why dont we concentrate on both and make them better. Would be much easier und lets be honest, there arent thousands of active players outside, so why create another source of information for so few people..?