Strategy section

Comments, feedback and opinions about the ZZone website.

Moderator: Brad

CHYROS
General
General

Strategy section

Post by CHYROS » 2006-01-25, 16:44

Wow, this is quite some website, it looks great! Really can't comment on the lay-out, boys!

Anyway, I read through the strategy section; you might want to add this:

-lasers: you might want to add the high damage their lasers do: it's not all about shooting out drivers ;)

-howitzers: the howitzer actually doesn't fire fast at all; slower than a Heavy, and reloads slower than a Heavy as well.

-Missile cannon: you should probably add its projectiles are relatively fast for such a high-level unit.

-Medium: the medium doesn't take considerably shorter than a Heavy; if a light would take 2:02, a med would take 3:12 and a heavy would take 3:55. I wouldn't say a med is very effective against a Heavy either, as the Heavy has first strike and needs only two shots, the med needs five.

-Mo. Missile: you really should say how slow its projectiles move, and you need only one light to kill a Mo. Missile, really.

-APC: try Pyros: you won't be disappointed either.

-Crane: not much armor?! same as a Heavy!

PS: not trying to be smartassy, just trying to help... :D
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
XStrategy
Major
Major

Post by XStrategy » 2006-01-27, 07:50

lasers: you might want to add the high damage their lasers do: it's not all about shooting out drivers
Great note. Yesterday I killed 4 units of Snipers using 1 unit or Lazers :cheers: 12 vs 4
And lazers always win light tank and jeep!
-APC: try Pyros: you won't be disappointed either.
But I noticed a bug, Pyros in APC cant' kill Gatling! Gatling does not burn at all :(
Crane: not much armor?! same as a Heavy!
I hate killing Cranes. They have too much armor :((
Z and only Z1
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2006-01-28, 18:02

I hate killing Cranes. They have too much armor :((
I don't really mind killing cranes, I hate it that the AI of my tanks wants to kill cranes rather than enemy artillery (can you IMAGINE how much lights I spent getting through that howitzer barrier in Bridge Game?! the CPU has five cranes!!)
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2006-02-24, 18:10

Oh, I see I missed one. You might want to add that the Pyros kan kill any other type of robot with impunity, even when seriously outnumbered.
Zod
Admin General
Admin General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Zod » 2006-06-05, 22:53

Ok,
I made some updates. But I kept close to the original manual.

Best regards,
Zod
cherockee
Laser
Laser

Post by cherockee » 2006-06-07, 11:55

high level robots: pyro can kill robots, laser can kill vehicle...
I use always 3 units of lasers to kill heavy. if they come from 3 way, not in a pack, they can kill the heavy...try it!

cranes can be the perfect flag-keepers, cause the comp. not always care about them, and if i get a flag near a factory counting near zero, i will get a unit:D...perfect counter attack...not a strike, but a chance to be tactical...

and yes, medium tanks are not as "cheap" as they should be, but man...see the manual (we have a topic to get), all the statistics in it are very important...this game is a big math-chess-match...know the units range (taking out turrets without having been attacket with snipers or heavies...), speed (getting flags, and fighting turrets-heavies its important to move away from shooting...place your units on roads...), inteligentity (misspelled?) (pathfinding...silly ones will always cross on lands, dont go to roads, but we know that they have much more speed on road...and using grenades), and things like this...
get the manual...
RavenTS
Major
Major

Post by RavenTS » 2006-06-07, 12:48

Another very important thing is experience, but my manual doesnt mention this.?!
cherockee
Laser
Laser

Post by cherockee » 2006-06-07, 13:09

RavenTS wrote:Another very important thing is experience, but my manual doesnt mention this.?!
you mentioned the star near the name of the unit? in my manual dont even writen about it too...and yes, the movement of a tank, and the damage it can make can be based on the rank:D...
RavenTS
Major
Major

Post by RavenTS » 2006-06-07, 13:59

cherockee wrote:
RavenTS wrote:Another very important thing is experience, but my manual doesnt mention this.?!
you mentioned the star near the name of the unit? in my manual dont even writen about it too...and yes, the movement of a tank, and the damage it can make can be based on the rank:D...
Yes the small star indicates how much experience this units has:
White - No experience
Green - A bit (at least one destroyed enemy)
and
Yellow - Very much (I think at least 2 destroyed enemies)

Very strange that this isn mentioned in the manuals.

PS: Another important factor is of course the intelligence of your pilot..!
The_Drummer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by The_Drummer » 2006-06-07, 17:26

The game seems to have its 'triangles' eg. Lights beat Pyros, Pyros can beat Heavies and Heavies can beat Lights... that's why the best force is complied of lots of different units ;)
I'm afraid the server z game 2 is full. However, I have set up two more:-

For Z95 players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: Z95!
Password: Tom
For DOSBox-Z players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: DOSBox-Z!
Password: Tom
Have fun!
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2006-06-25, 00:06

heyyy, I see I missed one; the description of the Gun says it's good against the Mo Missile, but the Mo Missile has +2 range, so it can't be hurt by a gun. Would be handy if you put that in the Mo's description, as well ;) .