All the stuff that does not fit anywhere else

Moderator: Brad

SteelGhost
Tough
Tough
Are you a spam bot?: No

Z stuff by SteelGhost

Post by SteelGhost » 2018-01-12, 23:46

Yet another big-time Z fan here, I first played the game on a PlayStation demo disc and was captivated by its lively visuals, hectic battles and those wacky, foul-mouthed robots. Now that the games were recently re-released, my interest in the series sparked up again, and even went to do a full playthrough of the Steam version. The re-release was a tad disappointing in the sense that it didn't feature multiplayer or any customization options, and had some new bugs. I also tried the Steel Soldiers remake, and can't say I like the game that much. It plays too differently to the original Z and just isn't as fun.

Playing around with Zod Engine, I edited the unit stats in an attempt to make it play more similarly to the original game (robots are less powerful vs tanks, pilots get shot out more often), and redesigned most of the sounds with music from the remastered version.
Video preview

Lastly, I sort of recreated Z inside another game engine (although it’s mostly for fun, not like a proper remake or anything).
Video preview

...and this post has already disappeared in an ocean of bot spam.