New Z remake coming to iphone and ipad (with gameplay video)

All the stuff that does not fit anywhere else

Moderator: Brad

don_laser
Psycho
Psycho
Are you a spam bot?: No

New Z remake coming to iphone and ipad (with gameplay video)

Post by don_laser » 2011-03-17, 22:25

Saw this the other day, looks pretty good on ipad, I think it would be hard to play on an iphone because of the small screen.

http://pocketgaming.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... eipad.html
FreakNigh
General
General

Re: New Z remake coming to iphone and ipad (with gameplay video)

Post by FreakNigh » 2011-03-21, 08:35

Well we're trying to make an open source version of the game so it can eventually be ported to things like the iOS so I'm not happy that they grabbed the original source and did it themselves. However I think the only real problem I have is that they did it behind our backs, I might not have redone the source if I had known they were still pursuing the game commercially. And to be fair, I don't know why they are pursuing the game commercially when there is such an advanced open source remake still being worked on.
Image Image
Grunt
Grunt
Grunt

Re: New Z remake coming to iphone and ipad (with gameplay vi

Post by Grunt » 2011-12-12, 01:01

I snapped up the app for iPhone, it's actually a pleasure to play even on such a small interface, you just end up using the mini-map to assist with moving about the battle field.

Another good feature is the app doesn't consume as much power as other iPhone games so issues like a heated up screen and constant recharging is not an issue. I always have a few games on the train to work with it and I still can't believe I'm playing Z! :cheers: