Moderator: Brad

Liquid
Psycho
Psycho
Are you a spam bot?: No

Hi Everyone!

Post by Liquid » 2011-05-12, 22:10

Hello to everyone at ZZone!

I cant believe that the community for this game is still going and that it exists!

I first played this game on Windows 95 and loved it! Ive got back into it a few times over the past few years and it was here at ZZone that I found the utilities to do so, the Z expansion XP (amazing thank you)

Ive also played the Dos version of Z emulated through dosbox but I prefer Z95 as thats what I first played

Anyways thats pretty much my Z history, thanks to all you guys that put so much work into keeping this game alive! (I will try and do the same)

Excellent job! :cheers:
Sam67
Pyro
Pyro

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by Sam67 » 2014-08-26, 11:17

When I first played at Z it was on his release year. I was 16 and it was just one year since I was back home after a year of hospitalization.
A friend brought it to me, he held the game from another unknown friend so I couldn't keep it for long but since Z is written in bold atop my Multiplayer Wish List.
It then came on 2 cds in a nice package with Zod firing at people holding the box. Back to this time I was hardly running the game on pure dos which is difficult to set up.
Today I've found a good deal on EBay. This release holds on 1 cd -1 cd!- that belongs to a deutsch compilation of 20 cds : Gold Games 2 from 1997 which bears
•Z
•BAPHOMETS FLUCH
•VIRTUA FIGHTER
•KING’S QUEST 7
•A4 NETWORKS
•SOLAR CRUSADE
•PANZER GENERAL
•EARTHSIEGE 2
•TOONSTRUCK
•AGE OF RIFLES
•STAR GENERAL
•HIND
•ACTION SOCCER
•TILT!
•BERMUDA SYNDROME
•AIR POWER
•CHAOS CONTROL
•KNIGHT’S CHASE
•APACHE LONGBOW
•BLEIFUSS
Zod and all the robots speak in deutsh but that's always as fun as the first time!
I run it with Dosbox which is very easy to set up and grant the IPX for network game.

Thank you for that moment of nostalgia.
I wish I knew the tin can who blew up the bridge.