Z Expansion Pack

Since Z95 is not on sale anymore here is the place to trade, sell or let others know if you find a spot where you can get your hands on it.

Moderator: Brad

BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-17, 22:32

buman wrote:a)could anybody tell me what to do exactly
or b)is it possible to install it with daemon-tools (usually it works this way , too)?
There is a path for German language. After installation the game does not require original CD. I can to send path on e-mail. Write down the address, please (mine of FTP server does not work).
CHYROS
General
General

Postby CHYROS » 2006-12-17, 23:43

To answer some questions;
buman wrote:a)could anybody tell me what to do exactly
or b)is it possible to install it with daemon-tools (usually it works this way , too)?
You can mount ballwin's image in daemontools, but you'll still get a copy error. The .BIN file is necessary for mounting the image, by the way, ZOnline. You can circumvent the copy error by, as SpecialPsycho pointed out, copying the data to your hard disk and installing it from there.

About what language ballwin's version is;
decide for yourself. :?

I've downloaded ballwin's patch too, but the archive has an unexpected end so it won't extract. Indeed, winz.exe is actually in the archive, it just won't extract. Could you zip it up again and upload that one instead, ballwin? Thanks for helping us all out (I've bought Z95 twice now, so I think I'm entitled to be able to play it :) )

I'm gonna try the other image later and see if that one works.
Last edited by CHYROS on 2006-12-19, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2006-12-18, 00:05

ok
aidaris(at)gmx(dot)net

didn?t try to install it yet , but I?ll post my results here after the download has finished.

Edit: Tried to install , got copy error.
As a totally CD-burning-noob I?d like someone to tell me how to burn it correctly (best [free] program , it?s config , name of the burned CD etc.).
I?m really lookin forward to get this game running...
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-18, 01:05

CHYROS wrote:I've downloaded ballwin's patch too, but the archive has an unexpected end so it won't extract. Indeed, winz.exe is actually in the archive, it just won't extract. Could you zip it up again and upload that one instead, ballwin?
Unfortunately I is compelled to use bad server \narod.ru\. I can not zip it up again and upload - FTP down :( Only е-mail.
I shall try to repeat attempts later...
buman wrote:ok
aidaris(at)gmx(dot)net
I have sent you a file with the English version. A theme of the letter "Z path". Do not forget, that the game works in Windows 98 (95).
Describe here result, please.
XStrategy
Major
Major

Postby XStrategy » 2006-12-18, 10:41

Z and only Z1
CHYROS
General
General

Postby CHYROS » 2006-12-18, 16:55

ZOnline wrote:Patch uploaded here:

http://game-era.com/patchWZ_eng.rar
I've trued it. Indeed it converts the game to english, but it won't start a game (on XP at least). The game doesn't display an error message but it doesn't seem to be a CD issue, so that's good. Compatibility modes don't seem to help.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2006-12-18, 19:44

Ok , I installed it , now the feedback:

1.Installation:
-downloaded
-mounted the .bin
-copied the .bin?s files on my hardware , installed the game into the "original Z" directory (mine: C\Games\Z\Z95\)

2.What I tried to get it running (I?m using Windows XP..):
2.1.First try:
-started the game
-selected "new game"
-error message appears (something was "impossible" or so)
2.2.Tried "compatmode" (hcp://system/compatctr/compatmode.htm):
-config: winz.exe-windows 98/NT
-started the game
-selected "new game"
-game doesn?t react anymore , my CPU finally needed a restart -.-

2.3.Tried "compatmode" , now with windows 95:
-started the game
-selected "new game"
-game doesn?t react anymore , restart

What shall I do? Some ideas how to get this running under XP?
XStrategy
Major
Major

Postby XStrategy » 2006-12-18, 19:45

Z95 does not work on XP
Z and only Z1
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2006-12-18, 19:58

hmmm the most people told me the same about original Z , and now I even got 2 versions (one german , one english) running on my goddamn WindowsXP!
Why should Z95 not work on XP?
there are enough windows 95 and windows 98-emulators to try.

Edit: Does someone know a good Windows 95-emulator.
(don?t know how to install the Z95-Win96-patch under XP , if someone told me how to do this I?d try a Windows 98 emulator)
cenobite321
Sniper
Sniper

Postby cenobite321 » 2006-12-19, 09:56

buman wrote:hmmm the most people told me the same about original Z , and now I even got 2 versions (one german , one english) running on my goddamn WindowsXP!
Why should Z95 not work on XP?
there are enough windows 95 and windows 98-emulators to try.

Edit: Does someone know a good Windows 95-emulator.
(don?t know how to install the Z95-Win96-patch under XP , if someone told me how to do this I?d try a Windows 98 emulator)
Z95 can't run in Windows XP. I think it is because of the arquitecture it was build (it doesn't support the real DOS mode as W98, 95, etc. did).

The solution: Download VMware and create a new virtual machine which runs Windows Millenium (search for a torrent which contains Windows Millenium & Windows 98 SE). I did that, installed Z95 in the virtual machine and voila, I can play Z95 with everything perfect (except the mouse, which moves a little bit fast). I know it will take some time to set everything up, but you will enjoy the results.

Note: I run the Virtual Machine with 412 Mb of RAM.[/img]
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2006-12-19, 19:57

thanx so far , cenobite. Could you send me the version you downloaded (don?t know the size of windoes mill)?
You could also just send the .torrent , but i have problems with downloading those....

aidaris(at)gmx(dot)net

Edit: Or would it be possible to emulate Windows-95? i think i still have it on a disc somewhere in this chaos of my room.
The_Drummer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby The_Drummer » 2006-12-19, 21:27

If you get Z95 under XP, could you put it in a nice little list for us computer newbies to get it working? ^^ I'm sure it'd be much appreciated by everyone guys =] And great job, keep up the work, good luck! ^^

The_Drummer
I'm afraid the server z game 2 is full. However, I have set up two more:-

For Z95 players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: Z95!
Password: Tom
For DOSBox-Z players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: DOSBox-Z!
Password: Tom
Have fun!
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-19, 23:23

buman wrote:thanx so far , cenobite. Could you send me the version you downloaded (don?t know the size of windoes mill)?
You could also just send the .torrent , but i have problems with downloading those....

aidaris(at)gmx(dot)net

Edit: Or would it be possible to emulate Windows-95? i think i still have it on a disc somewhere in this chaos of my room.
My bad English language is probably guilty... I explained all earlier (see above):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start up and to play "Z Expansion" in XP it is possible with comparative ease:
- if there are drivers for your video and sound for Windows 98!
Much more difficultly (but really it is possible) play "Z Expansion" if a video PCI-16 and the sound derivable from MB.
I shall not discuss this theme here. One thing, passing remark, - whatever the case it is necessary to switch on the virtual machine Windows 98 the inside XP. Only after that it is possible to play "Z Expansion".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not understand why you at once did not use XP the virtual machine?
For the virtual machine there is no difference - Win98 or Win95. If your equipment is capable to work in these systems. You can use in XP simultaneously Win98 and Win95! Any system. :?
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2006-12-19, 23:48

hmm ballwin the are two possibilities:
1.Your english-Sentences are strange.
2.My english is too bad to get what you?re saying^^

Could you explane in a simple way how to get Z95 running on XP?
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-20, 01:10

buman wrote:hmm ballwin the are two possibilities:
1.Your english-Sentences are strange.
2.My english is too bad to get what you?re saying^^

Could you explane in a simple way how to get Z95 running on XP?
I think that your first assumption is correct :)
It is senseless to write the tutorial, if it nobody can understand.
Create a new theme "How to use Z Expansion for Windows XP" in section "Z95 and Windows XP". Write about results of your experiments. I shall try to help.