Need help with Z95 on Windows 7/8 x64

Since Z95 is not on sale anymore here is the place to trade, sell or let others know if you find a spot where you can get your hands on it.

Moderator: Brad

Gun Metal
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Need help with Z95 on Windows 7/8 x64

Postby Gun Metal » 2014-11-21, 03:48

Hi there!

I'm Jerry and I need some help from this great community. Although this is my first forum post if you check my account you'll see that I've been registered here for a few years.

Back then when I found this website I was really excited because I knew in advance that I'll be able to play one of my favorite childhood games again. So I explored the forum and found out about Z95(before I found out this site I only knew about original Z game) and Z Expansion XP patch which would let me the game on my Windows XP computer. I downloaded both and enjoyed the game for a while, but again, never completed it.

So here I am again after a few years. Why you may ask? Well I need some help with running the game on my modern Windows 7(also 8 ) computer. I've found an .iso image of Z95 and download it, then tried Z Expansion XP 1.7 with it, but I keep getting this one problem. No matter what I try the game gets some sort of color distortion when I play it. Also during the cutscenes and loading level screen there are big randomly colored spots all over the screen.

Can someone please help me out here? I'd be most grateful.

Thanks!
Jerry
KISSMAD
General
General

Re: Need help with Z95 on Windows 7/8 x64

Postby KISSMAD » 2014-11-21, 07:08

A version that works on windows 7/8 x64 is available from GOG.

Good Old Games currently have a sale on and Z is 51% off
http://www.gog.com/game/z
Gun Metal
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Gun Metal » 2014-11-21, 23:46

I know about this version, when I heard they were making a remake of Z I wanted to play it again.

But the thing is this remake is not remake of Z95, just old Z. That means no new levels or anything like that. Above all I've heard that the cutscenes have been removed, units have different stats, AI enemy is totally different now and the whole interface is horrible.

I don't want to sound ungrateful or disrespectful, but I wish to play the old Z95 the same way I did it years ago...

So what other options do I have?
KISSMAD
General
General

Postby KISSMAD » 2014-11-22, 03:42

The cut scenes are still there.

Yes it is a bit different to play. I find it still enjoyable to play.

I presume you mean by the units have different stats is that there is now 3 difficulty level settings.

They have mentioned that they may include the extra levels at a later date.
Gun Metal
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Gun Metal » 2014-11-22, 21:23

I'd still like to play the original old way, like I did years ago. This just isn't the same game with different interface...

There must be another way!