Suggestion: Z on phones

Another sequel? A re-release of the Original? Revamping Z95 to ZXP? Let us and the Bitmap Brothers know what we would like to see tomorrow.

Moderator: Brad

OROutdoor
Psycho
Psycho
Are you a spam bot?: No

Suggestion: Z on phones

Post by OROutdoor » 2009-09-10, 21:26

I own a Google myTouch (G2) phone. I've loaded many apps on it, including Robo Tower Defense (Love that game). Some phone are so powerful now that you can actually run WIN 95 on it (not my phone though). The myTouch, iPhone, and others have a screen size 320x480. That should be enough to play Z on.

It would be great if someone could port the original game "Z" to phones. Heck, they did that with Galaga, Doom, Tank Ace 1944. So, Z should be doable too. I would buy it.

And with electronic distribution, the authors could actually make more money per copy. I used to work at Egghead Computers, even in September 1996. At Egghead, the gross margin was typically 40%. That means that a $30 game cost Egghead $18.00. I'm certain that the distributor and the label also added their mark-up percentages. The authors probably only got $2-3.00 (if that) per copy sold. BitMap Bros could convert their game to phone use without too much work, release it electronically -- I'd pay $5-10 for it, wouldn't you? And the authors would be able to pocket a lot more of that price.

Could someone please write to them and suggest this to them? Of course, since I have a Google Phone, I'd ask them to write that first. :)

Thanks,

Eric
buman
Major
Major

Re: Suggestion: Z on phones

Post by buman » 2010-04-06, 13:59

uhm I think there already is a Z phone game.
not sure, maybe use the search engine to find out.
btw bitmap brothers do no longer exist
.andy.
Tough
Tough

Post by .andy. » 2010-06-13, 12:47

Hi i am working since 6 month for a z "clon" for android. Its not exactly a clon, because graphics, sounds are new because i want to sell the full version for a few dollars (2-3 $)

But the gameplay, kind of vehicles, and all other things which makes Z sooo awesome are in my mobile version 8)

I hope to finish the game next months. :cheers:
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2010-06-14, 15:03

Cool man! Do you have a website with details and pictures and stuff? What are all the units etc.
Image Image
.andy.
Tough
Tough

Post by .andy. » 2010-06-15, 19:41

Not yet. The most of coding things are done. I am actually creating the textures ( and i am not really good in creating graphics :? ) When its done, i will create a youtube video which shows the pre alpha version and i want create a website with all informations about my clon. :mrgreen: