Z: The Game submitted to iTunes Today

Another sequel? A re-release of the Original? Revamping Z95 to ZXP? Let us and the Bitmap Brothers know what we would like to see tomorrow.

Moderator: Brad

FreakNigh
General
General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Z: The Game submitted to iTunes Today

Post by FreakNigh » 2011-07-05, 07:42

Z submitted to iTunes Today

Tony
in the comments of http://www.kavcom.co.uk/2011/04/08/z-of ... reenshots/

:cheers:
Image Image
KISSMAD
General
General

Re: Z: The Game submitted to iTunes Today

Post by KISSMAD » 2011-07-13, 10:34

It's now been released on iTunes.
Here is the official website.
http://www.kavcom.co.uk/zthegame

I can't wait for the PC version!
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2011-07-15, 21:31

Image Image
XStrategy
Major
Major

Post by XStrategy » 2011-07-16, 14:00

The only problem I see - the robots health points are wrong - all robots are getting killed with 1 shot (even toughs). You cant kill robot with one shot - that is wrong. They need to get their proper health points back in the update like in original game otherwise robots are totally useless in the game - they dont even have chance to shot. Also some portraits are messed up (not a big deal).
Z and only Z1
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2011-07-17, 18:36

interesting comments...
Hi,

I will pass the missing network feature, but the game is not as good as the original.

I wonder if you ever play the game as there is so much bugs.

Bugs
-> The repair buildings are not working. Each time I try to repair, the vehicle stay in front of the building and do nothing.
-> The vehicles are blocked by elements from the background (ex: rabbit’s hole in snow world). Very frustrating to see your vehicle blocked while the enemy is taking your lands.
-> The sniper range is corrupted. It was the longest range before, allowing them to shot robots and cannon but now it is like a grunt range. They are just useless in this game despite it was a really strong units in the original game.
-> At some times, the selection will not work anymore (with two fingers) or be corrupted (the selection zone is not follow the fingers)
-> On the first mission were you can build APC, you can’t load any units inside.
-> If you make a robot go out of a cannons, it can’t capture it anymore …
-> Not sure about this one, but I have the feeling that robots are really slow to react in comparison of original game. A vehicle always win against robots whatever how many robots you have and their kinds. So robots are just useless in this game, I just use them to take flags. Laser / tough / a lot of psycho should be able to defeat at least a light tank like in the original game.

Improvements needed
As it’s a 2011 game and not 1995 …
-> Way-path for building, so new units go at a place instead of waiting in front of each building
-> Multiplayer on-line and local (it was in the original game)
-> Better path finding, the units are so stupid when they walk (as in the original game)
-> The computer AI must be improved, I never lost a game since the beginning. It was too easy (I am currently mission 13)

An old Z fan here.
(Tony from Kavcom) Hi Amsterdam116

Please accept my apologies, unfortunately there is a bug which affects people who’s device Language Settings aren’t set to English, French, German, Spanish or Italian. We have fixed this problem and submitted a new build. You should receive notification of an update in the usual way from Apple.
Direct question to the developer again: The rank system wasn’t implemented at all, right? In the original, a “Green Star” light Tank could easily finish off a “white star” light tank. Not because of more hit points, but because the movement of higher ranked units was much smarter.
Is there a plan to implement this? I really think it’s one of the main reason, Z was so great (unit preservement as tactical aspect).
Again: Nonetheless a great game.
I also agree with mike. Something is wrong with the robot health. Regardless of difficulty setting. If any robot, friend or foe is hit by one shot, it dies. That makes bots kind of useless (pyros for instance have no chance against 2 fighter troops…..but they should mop the floor with them). Bug?
Couple of extra bugs for future update fix:

Minor bugs
1. APC disappears after unloading (not always but most of the times).
2. Unloaded APC sometimes is not possible to load, the load cursor appears but the robots dont go inside. might be after you tried to load partial unit (one robot died and I try to load 1/2 unit)
3. I sent crane to repair damaged building (which was not totally destroyed) and this caused a major bug – cranes stopped moving at all.
4. Pathfinding issues (same like in original) but it is little worse because sometimes units just stop into walls/bridges.
5. When tanks fire the bullet goes from the wrong point, not from point where turret is (visual bug, not a big deal)

Major bugs:
1. Robots dont have health points, they die from one shot. this makes game unbalanced and unable to finish (for example on level 14 you need to have robots useful otherwise you just dont have enough tanks to win it -medium&hard level) – trust me i know what i am talking about, i was playing Z since 1996 and worked on the remake.

Everything else seems nice and smooth, good job guys.
I also agree with Zfan that swiping in a building menu would be much more convenient (at least enlarge the buttons please).
Also the “robots manufactured button on top of the screen should be enlarged it’s hardly hitable.

: thanks again for brining Z back!
Plays nicely! Few translation errors, touch interface seems to be working fine, but have to agree, the building menu is a bit flimsy.

Nontheless, great release, thank you!
Image Image
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2011-09-06, 23:10

I own an ipad now so I tried out the z: the game. Actually I found it incredibly boring which is disturbing because it is very much so Z. I believe the issue is a mix of things... However in a world where just Z and Z: The Game exists I would say the reason it is boring is because it tries to pretend like Z is a new game and tries to make it look like modern goofy childish mobile app games. This totally kills the spirit of Z and leaves you with nothing but the gameplay which because of the poor control system, modified AI, and tweaked unit balancing it becomes totally boring.

If your on the easy setting then you end up just walking right through the level. If your on the hard setting then it becomes torture to play because of the bad control system and therefor ridiculous which makes it boring.

I'd have to say Z: The Game was not made by someone who played and loved the original and saw to it that it the rerelease felt and played right.
Image Image
XStrategy
Major
Major

Post by XStrategy » 2013-01-17, 02:04

Agreed but it was still fun to see old cut scenes on iPad and play a couple of super easy levels! :)
Z and only Z1