Do you think there's a future for Z?

Another sequel? A re-release of the Original? Revamping Z95 to ZXP? Let us and the Bitmap Brothers know what we would like to see tomorrow.

Moderator: Brad

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 23
BERSERK3R
Captain
Captain

Post by BERSERK3R » 2005-11-10, 03:51

I had hope that there would be a sequel and maybe some patches, and maybe a visit form a bros at the forum, but none happend and a lot of time has gone by, so I lost all hope in a future for Z :empty: .

Do you think there is a future for Z, when looking at the posibility of source release or compatability patch, or signs of life from a bros?

Edit: Please also explain why you think there is or isnt a future for Z.
Zod
Admin General
Admin General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Zod » 2005-11-11, 22:34

I definitely vote for Z's future. It's a great game, has room for some improvements (if all basics stay the same) and has still quite a fan community.

Only thing is money. Publishing a sequel will cost development, marketing and such and that's probably the hold off. The BB's don't exist anymore in the form they did. Mike (BB) has to bring a team together. I am still trying... :D

Best regards,
Zod
nuFFi
Sniper
Sniper

Post by nuFFi » 2005-11-12, 19:31

there might be a future..but i currently don?t see the light at the end of the tunnel for a z-sequel.. :(
when i first launched dawn of war, i saw this soldier-model on the main menu and thought: this is how z2 had to look like. not like these low-poly, grey/brown soldiers without any facial expression.

but hey, i also wait for duke nukem forever since many years now. it?s a hard life for oldskool gamers :D
KISSMAD
General
General

Post by KISSMAD » 2005-11-13, 01:55

nuFFi wrote:but hey, i also wait for duke nukem forever since many years now. it?s a hard life for oldskool gamers :D
WWhich do you think will get released first, DNForever or another Z game? :lol:
BERSERK3R
Captain
Captain

Post by BERSERK3R » 2005-11-13, 02:43

KISSMAD wrote:
nuFFi wrote:but hey, i also wait for duke nukem forever since many years now. it?s a hard life for oldskool gamers :D
WWhich do you think will get released first, DNForever or another Z game? :lol:
Hm I think I know but don't want to hurt the feelings of the Z fans ;)
BERSERK3R
Captain
Captain

Post by BERSERK3R » 2005-11-13, 02:46

Zod wrote:I definitely vote for Z's future. It's a great game, has room for some improvements (if all basics stay the same) and has still quite a fan community.

Only thing is money. Publishing a sequel will cost development, marketing and such and that's probably the hold off. The BB's don't exist anymore in the form they did. Mike (BB) has to bring a team together. I am still trying... :D

Best regards,
Zod
Well you are talking about a sequel, well I rather have an update to have Z to work on modern systems then a sequel, and I think that making a patch or something like that is far more easier to do than make a sequel.