Netpanzer Rescue Zed ?

Another sequel? A re-release of the Original? Revamping Z95 to ZXP? Let us and the Bitmap Brothers know what we would like to see tomorrow.

Moderator: Brad

Eastwind
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Netpanzer Rescue Zed ?

Post by Eastwind » 2006-02-16, 13:30

First of all , sorry for all the time i wasn't there . I was running in other open source project that consume too much time , and brain . I see that Z community will be back , and create a Z clone in flash . In my spare time in open source community , i find a project that s name Netpanzer . It s also a wargames like Z (fight , get factory , create new unit , expand ... ) . The graphical is more realistic , and they don't have robot (the unit is just thank , missil launcher and so on ... ) . It will be interesting to use their engine at least . see the screenshot http://netpanzer.berlios.de/screenshots.html

They have strong support of community , and good activity . They get have server that we can connect directly as client , or running your onw server in 2 click . Actually it s running on various operating system : Windows 95/98/ME 2000/XP , GNU/Linux X86 , Mac os X PPC . Licence GPL . Using their software can spare time of developping ,and Getting same time the big support of open source community.

We will just tunning the graphic and some other thing , for letting come back the fun Z (sorry X ) spirit with humour and joke .
That s my dreaming , an open source Z , running everywhere .

another comment i dont find X really cool name . Maybe something like XYZ , that s sound more fun . what do think Z community ?
nuFFi
Sniper
Sniper

Post by nuFFi » 2006-03-27, 23:50

hm maybe "Zzz.." or just "A"? ;)

problem is: the last news is from feb 2005. from there, i think the project is death/currently iced. but if you are an coder or know some coders who also love zed..
btw: nice game. reminds me of "command & conquer online".
lumina
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by lumina » 2006-05-28, 18:08

hmmm very pretty game.

Gives a nice warlike feel. Though you're wrong it reminds me more of the new Axis and Allies game in which has cities that give manufacturing bonus for capturing them on maps.

Post by Guest » 2006-05-29, 00:11

there are many freeRTS engine-s runing all around...freeRTS, a blizzard product like engine for linux-warcraft fans......man, we have the chance, just get it...
Tarzipan
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Tarzipan » 2006-05-30, 12:26

Name it Zett :mrgreen:
I'd love to play a working Clone with IP-Support under Linux but I have no time at all.
The_Drummer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by The_Drummer » 2006-06-04, 20:30

Hmm. I could try updating a few sprites for you.

GIMP ftw. :lazy:
I'm afraid the server z game 2 is full. However, I have set up two more:-

For Z95 players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: Z95!
Password: Tom
For DOSBox-Z players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: DOSBox-Z!
Password: Tom
Have fun!