Z Expansion Pack

Since Z95 is not on sale anymore here is the place to trade, sell or let others know if you find a spot where you can get your hands on it.

Moderator: Brad

SpecialPsycho
Psycho
Psycho

Z Expansion Pack

Postby SpecialPsycho » 2006-10-04, 20:03

Hi guys,

like most of you i have searched for a long time to get Z-Expansion,
without succes. I don't want to sign myself up to a illegal file-trading site to get it, and i suppose many of you won't do that, too. Altough some of you have downloaded the expansion or own the original CD. Because it is really too much effort to search this game for years or to apply an elaborate internet sale from another country, i wanted to ask if one of you, the lucky owners of Z Expansion, could create a ISO file of his original disk and put it on this site for download (or someone put his downloaded ISO file from the trading-site up here). That would solve the problem FINALLY :(
Furthermore i don't think it would be a real crime to post an ancient Win95 game that gets downloaded below 100 times, if the producer doesn't even sell it himself any longer. I finally want to play the new levels, can't stand it any more to not have conquered them :evil:

In the hope that my english isn't too bad, best regards...
BallWin
Major
Major

Re: Z Expansion Pack

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-15, 12:23

SpecialPsycho wrote: Because it is really too much effort to search this game for years or to apply an elaborate internet sale from another country, i wanted to ask if one of you, the lucky owners of Z Expansion, could create a ISO file of his original disk and put it on this site for download (or someone put his downloaded ISO file from the trading-site up here)...
Take "Z Expansion" here:
http://oldgames.dgm2.genebee.msu.ru/gamez/z.exp.rar
SpecialPsycho
Psycho
Psycho

Postby SpecialPsycho » 2006-12-15, 19:38

Thank you very much! I waited for this so long! :P
The_Drummer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby The_Drummer » 2006-12-15, 20:30

Does the above link's downlaod work for XP?

The_Drummer
I'm afraid the server z game 2 is full. However, I have set up two more:-

For Z95 players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: Z95!
Password: Tom
For DOSBox-Z players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: DOSBox-Z!
Password: Tom
Have fun!
KISSMAD
General
General

Postby KISSMAD » 2006-12-16, 00:42

BallWin wrote:
SpecialPsycho wrote: Because it is really too much effort to search this game for years or to apply an elaborate internet sale from another country, i wanted to ask if one of you, the lucky owners of Z Expansion, could create a ISO file of his original disk and put it on this site for download (or someone put his downloaded ISO file from the trading-site up here)...
Take "Z Expansion" here:
http://oldgames.dgm2.genebee.msu.ru/gamez/z.exp.rar
Is this an English version?
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2006-12-16, 00:55

download-speed is 1,4kb/s , should take ... 94 hours to download it.
Is this normal?!

edit:
i tried it agan and i can?t get connection anymore...
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-16, 04:49

KISSMAD wrote:Is this an English version?
Establish patch:
- Corrects a critical mistake of the original Expansion
- Changes language with German on English
Patch - http://GeneralZod.narod.ru/file/Cachatk ... WZ_eng.rar
Install in a folder with "Z Expansion".
Thanks to "Roman Fedorov aka Bugsy" help.
SpecialPsycho
Psycho
Psycho

Postby SpecialPsycho » 2006-12-17, 13:09

So that's not very good now: I get a COPY ERROR if i want to install the game from CD-ROM. :roll:

I have copied the CD's containing into a folder at my HDD and installed the game successfully from there.

If i want to play now, i have a spanish main menu (or whatelse) and i can't start playing because i get an error message "Inserto la CD-ROM en nuova". :roll:

This is a really bad Expansion of Z !

edit:
i try to solve that now with additional help from http://www.generalzod.naro.ru,
but i somehow have a R E A L L Y bad transmission rate of 0,5 kbit/s...
The host of this website should throw his 56K away and get a real server :|

edit2:
i give up now. the generalzod site makes my browser crush down, and the cd-rom image i got from the adress posted upon is probably damaged.
anyway, i don't like spanish language while playing :cry:
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-17, 14:22

SpecialPsycho wrote:If i want to play now, i have a spanish main menu (or whatelse) and i can't start playing because i get an error message "Inserto la CD-ROM en nuova". :roll:
The host of this website should throw his 56K away and get a real server :|
I have not an opportunity to place files on the real server :(

The size patchWZ _ eng.rar 307 K. Even at speed 0.5 kbit/s is required only 10 minutes... In what a problem? Will be not any "Inserto la CD-ROM en nuova".
At the moment of start "Z Expansion" there is a message:
We press the right button (as shown in screenshot). The game is started.
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2006-12-17, 15:14

I downloaded 20% of the 332mb-z-exp. so far (after 2,5hours^^).

Now my question:
Did anyone in this forum already try this version successfully?
otherwise I would stop that download and try to get it from other sources.
aaand....does it work on XP?
SpecialPsycho
Psycho
Psycho

Postby SpecialPsycho » 2006-12-17, 16:12

@buman: yes, this version of z is for windows XP. if you have downloaded the file, burn the image data on a cd-rom. but i can tell you, it won't work, you'll get a "copy error" at the installation. maybe there is a copy protect in the game, it don't work. i would suppose to stop the download, but if
you don't, i would like to know if you get the same errors like me.
You can also download Z expansion from HERE: http://oldgames.dgm2.genebee.msu.ru/gamez/z.exp.rar
i had a quite good speed of 233 kbit/s.

@BallWin i didn't know that, you're right. But i don't get the error message like you at the game start, i can't even install the game("COPY ERROR"...)
If i install it from HDD, i can get into main menu, but then i can't start a game because only THEN the message "Inserto la CD-ROM en nuova" arises :cry:

And i downloaded the "Patch" from http://GeneralZod.narod.ru/file/Cachatk ... WZ_eng.rar

it didn't work, because if i extract the RAR archive, i only get an empty folder without any datas :x
XStrategy
Major
Major

Postby XStrategy » 2006-12-17, 18:20

What to do with Z.bin?? How to run this file to setup Z?

I dont see any .exe files in Rar archive, only strange Z.bin and Z.cue (that does not work).

How do you run Z.BIN?
Z and only Z1
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-17, 20:22

SpecialPsycho wrote:yes, this version of z is for windows XP
IT'S NOT!!! This version of z is for Windows 95&98! Just as any version "Z Expansion". This question was already discussed on a forum many times. Everyone speak, that Expansion does not work in XP. It is not exactly correct. Start up and to play "Z Expansion" in XP it is possible with comparative ease:
- if there are drivers for your video and sound for Windows 98!
Much more difficultly (but really it is possible) play "Z Expansion" if a video PCI-16 and the sound derivable from MB.
I shall not discuss this theme here. One thing, passing remark, - whatever the case it is necessary to switch on the virtual machine Windows 98 the inside XP. Only after that it is possible to play "Z Expansion".

Without additional work you are capable to see in XP only screen of options of game:
At start of any level there is a crash.
SpecialPsycho wrote: if you have downloaded the file, burn the image data on a cd-rom... But i don't get the error message like you at the game start, i can't even install the game("COPY ERROR"...)
320 mB in z.exp.rar - exact copy original CD. Yours of CD-R is not original. The program wants to see the correct source of the data. PatchWZ _ eng.rar has NO-CD (for any version " Z Expansion "). The problem is decided automatically.
You will not be capable to use CD-R without patchWZ _ eng.rar.
As a matter of fact complete version Expansion has the size only 11,2 mB. (All other contents CD has not the relation to game - additional image data, miniature, screensavers etc.).
SpecialPsycho wrote: And i downloaded the "Patch" from http://GeneralZod.narod.ru/file/Cachatk ... WZ_eng.rar
it didn't work, because if i extract the RAR archive, i only get an empty folder without any datas
Hmm... It is surprising. Whether somebody else has such problem?
In archive there should be a file winz.exe. It is necessary to move this file to a folder with game.
I have checked up, the file still is in archive:
Last edited by BallWin on 2006-12-17, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
BallWin
Major
Major

Postby BallWin » 2006-12-17, 21:04

ZOnline wrote:I dont see any .exe files in Rar archive, only strange Z.bin and Z.cue (that does not work).
ОК. Probably there was a mistake at copying a file on the site. I shall try to rewrite. In the given moment FTP server \narod.ru\ does not work :( If someone can lay out it in the other place I shall be grateful.
buman
Major
Major

Postby buman » 2006-12-17, 21:46

SpecialPsycho wrote:You can also download Z expansion from HERE: http://oldgames.dgm2.genebee.msu.ru/gamez/z.exp.rar
i had a quite good speed of 233 kbit/s.
hmmmm...the download-speed is nearly the same at this source, but it?s quite well , i already downloaded 76% of ballwin?s source.

As I already often mentioned , my english is not the best^^so maybe I misunderstood something but:
Everyone here is talking bout burning the files on CD-R. I?m a noob at burning CDs , so
a)could anybody tell me what to do exactly
or b)is it possible to install it with daemon-tools (usually it works this way , too)?