Z tournament if any one is up 4 it

Place gaming and strategy issues for the original "Z" and the Expansion Kit "Z95" here.

Moderator: Brad

Technosis
Pyro
Pyro

Z tournament if any one is up 4 it

Post by Technosis » 2007-10-03, 08:57

hi ppl i was wondering if we can have a huge Z tournament useing hamachi soonish ... but as sed in a difrent topic we might need to downgrade hamachi inorder to play Z.... and i was also wondering if we can have this as an offical Z tournament if its ok with Admins and so on

:cheers:
buman
Major
Major

Post by buman » 2007-10-03, 18:32

Probably you won?t find enough players for this.
We once tried to do a tournament (i think we even tried it twice) a few month ago , when this forum was more active but it seemed as if the participants lost the motivation to play.
Whatever , good luck
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-10-03, 20:35

I doubt anyone will object to this being an "official" tournament.

But, as buman said, the last month or so, the forum has been a little quiet, so it might be a little difficult to find enough people to play a full-sized tournament.

I'm moving this to general discussion, where the other championships are also at.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
Technosis
Pyro
Pyro

Post by Technosis » 2007-10-04, 08:07

shatted maybe we could have a mini tournament if we dont get that meny... also shouldnt the last tournament be posted on the front page ?

coz saddly i didnt know about the last one till you just told me .. :(

any way

might as well start the tournament in i donno 2 - 3 weeks from now ... hopefully if we cross our fingers and of couse our toes we can get a fair few peaple to play but of couse if we dont theres always couple of months to try and put one together

*crosses fingers* :cheers:
Technosis
Pyro
Pyro

Post by Technosis » 2007-10-06, 09:01

please place your nick name downblow that you will be using during the Z the mini tournament of Z and i will add you to the list if you wish to play in Z the mini tournament !!! .. and if you cant for what ever reason make it to your match please do tell me ether by posting on here or tell me on msn when your on the forums find one of my posts and click on (msnm) it will show my msn and so on ..... any way this is so i can tell some body else so they can join before the day/during

ether way it will be great fun

thanks

and cross our fingers that we get a fair few ppl

:cheers:

NAMES

1) Technosis
BallWin
General
General

Re: Z tournament if any one is up 4 it

Post by BallWin » 2007-10-06, 12:06

Technosis wrote:hi ppl i was wondering if we can have a huge Z tournament useing hamachi soonish ... but as sed in a difrent topic we might need to downgrade hamachi inorder to play Z.... and i was also wondering if we can have this as an offical Z tournament if its ok with Admins and so on :cheers:
Why all are concentrated on online tournament?
More interesting and it is easier to organize off-line competition IMHO. Conditions of a victory can be:
- Amount of point for a victory
- Speed of passage of a map

In this case bad lan-hamachi-TCP will prevent nobody...
Technosis
Pyro
Pyro

Post by Technosis » 2007-10-06, 16:11

well first off with nline i think it would be a challeging ... and i havent vs any one in Z before besides comp and i havent seen a 4 player map in use let alone see a 4 player map in action after so meny years of playing this and i think it would be good for the site ... might bring some peaple back to play Z and might bring new ppl

and for offline it dos sound good but first off coz i have just beaten all 35 on hard half and half good result ...i uselly wait to make heaves/and mo missles to shot the blue fort .. so a fair bit of time lost in that and i wouldnt get a good resault and i think a person has already .... he has won it by having all warlord and has done it all 20 lvls from the first Z most impressivly 2 i forgotten his nic but he has posted here somewhere
BallWin
General
General

Post by BallWin » 2007-10-06, 18:38

Technosis wrote:well first off with nline i think it would be a challeging ... and i havent vs any one in Z before besides comp and i havent seen a 4 player map in use let alone see a 4 player map in action after so meny years of playing this and i think it would be good for the site ... might bring some peaple back to play Z and might bring new ppl

It is difficult to see simultaneously in a network 4 players in Z. It is even more difficult to force them to play across all championship. Result of similar experience here - viewtopic.php?t=286

Unresolved problems online championships:
- not enough gamers less
- in a different way time zone а participants
- bad connection
- bad work hamachi
- etc.
Technosis wrote:and for offline it dos sound good but first off coz i have just beaten all 35 on hard half and half good result ...i uselly wait to make heaves/and mo missles to shot the blue fort .. so a fair bit of time lost in that and i wouldnt get a good resault and i think a person has already .... he has won it by having all warlord and has done it all 20 lvls from the first Z most impressivly 2 i forgotten his nic but he has posted here somewhere
The offline championship has not any problems. Everything must be organized well, with no hassles or shit.

Good news:
- gamers playing at any time (at once if you like, at lunch, etc.)
- scope perfection has not a limit (for ever and ever).
- it is not necessary to finish a championship to the certain term
- it is possible regularly to sum up and to announce the today's winner (can be in other time other champion will appear)

A championship it is possible on old cards. However for such event 10 absolute new cards are available. Everyone will in equal conditions.
Technosis
Pyro
Pyro

Post by Technosis » 2007-10-07, 10:31

is there anything else part from hamachi? and how would we do an offline tournament ?

like would we start from the very first lvl till we get our red fort blown up ?
or is there some other way we can do this
BallWin
General
General

Post by BallWin » 2007-10-07, 22:55

Technosis wrote:is there anything else part from hamachi?
IMHO
Z - brilliancy game, nevertheless online mode in Z extremely unsuccessful concept.
In the beginning - wild enthusiasm. However later you receive the large disappointment. The rationale:
- the opponents, equal on level of proficiency, reach a deadlock. They will have units, equal amount, and territories. Their forces are completely equal. Equivalency forces the gamers to show care. Two armies dispose opposite each other, and everyone does not wish to attack. The attack is equivalent to a defeat - the defence in depth cause irreparable injury of army. The long war of nerves begins... Once upon a time I played game more than three hours without interruption and eventually have agreed to a drawn game.

The hamachi can not correct it :(
Technosis wrote:and how would we do an offline tournament ?
like would we start from the very first lvl till we get our red fort blown up ?
or is there some other way we can do this
It is necessary to discuss these questions. I shall prepare the offers. The similar competitions are regularly carried out on other games.
And I hope to the help of communities ;) :)
buman
Major
Major

Post by buman » 2007-10-07, 23:13

Well that?s what I love about Z multiplayer. Since you may lose after a bad discission (and Z is the only game with this phenomenon that one unlucky tank-shot can often dicide the game) you?re really IN the game for this moment.

So enough with my Z-statement...back to topic:
I once tried other hamachi-like programs but none of them was any better than hamachi , just way too slow.
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-10-08, 00:44

I don't know about the problems Z causes on hamachi, but I do know that as far as online gameing goes, hamachi is one of the most reliable and fast network providers out there. I doubt looking for other networks will conjure up up anything that both works for Z while having the same connection quality as hamachi.

@Technosis: nice userbar you got there. Did you cook the Z one up yourself too?
Technosis
Pyro
Pyro

Post by Technosis » 2007-10-08, 07:30

haha thanks yeah i made it i used photoshop the red back ground was ment to be lightning but it turned out like red cloud meh .. yours isnt that bad ether mate

sounds like a plan ballwin :cheers:

hmm is Antares doing an update with his Z xp any time soon ? if so can some one tell him to strengthen the TCP/IP part
buman
Major
Major

Post by buman » 2007-10-08, 20:59

Technosis wrote: hmm is Antares doing an update with his Z xp any time soon ? if so can some one tell him to strengthen the TCP/IP part
He?s probably going to read this

by the way I don?t get this photoshop-thing? oO
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2007-10-08, 22:44

Technosis wrote:by the way I don?t get this photoshop-thing? oO
It's about his userbar. You know, the thing in your signature which shows your interest with little bar pictograms. He used photoshop to make a Z one (there isn't one publically available on the net, I made mine too. His is much nicer though).